Senior Manager, Digital Strategy and Execution
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Sr. Manager, Digital Strategy & Execution
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Fly at the cutting edge of science. Build and lead a commercial innovation nest that delivers this scientific promise to healthcare providers and patients. Make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease.
Reporting to the Global Digital Strategy Lead, this role will be a pivotal one for the newly launched Digital Experience Team (DXT). The DXT is charged with driving digital strategy, execution, and innovation at bluebird bio. The DXT collaborates closely with the brands and key functions to design and deliver digital experiences, digital media, and digital analytics. This role will work in partnership with the global and regional marketing teams and serve as a critical bridge between bluebird bio commercialization teams, agency partners, and our IT partners.
About the role: How you will make your impact
- Partner closely with brand and cross-functional teams, serving as the digital subject matter expert, to drive digital experience programs that generate significant value for the brand and key stakeholders- patients, their families, and their care teams
- Coordinate among internal and external partners to drive execution of digital programs
- Manage related budgets for digital initiatives to ensure effective use of resources
- Collaborate with medical, legal, and regulatory stakeholders to ensure compliant development and execution of digital initiatives
- Provide strategic and executional support across digital initiatives including SEO/SEM, Social, Websites, Email, Display, etc.
- Manage agency partner relationships including digital/media agencies and partner with brand/functional AOR(s)
- Execute digital reporting for brands and identify actionable insights that can be used to optimize programs and performance
- Establish digital best practices and standards across bluebird bio and be a key contributor in amplifying bluebird bio’s digital culture
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical brand marketing role
- 5+ years in a digital marketing / multi-channel strategy role
- Proven background in consistently delivering high-impact digital programs
- Deep understanding of core digital tactics- Websites, SEO/M, Display, Email, Social, etc.
- Passion for data and measuring digital programs
- Experienced in collaborating with internal stakeholders to execute against brand vision
- Experience in global roles preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for complex problem solving
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Vendor/ Agency management
- Ability to champion change and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to lead and challenge others in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
MongoDB, New York City
Part-time Event Support Staff - Cambridge, MA
Cic, Cambridge, MA
Global Physical Security Operations Manager
Slack, San Francisco
Regional General Manager - Northeast
Marketing & Communications Intern
SelfMade, New York HQ
Account Manager - UK
Twitch, London, UK