Senior Research Analyst, People Analytics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
bluebird bio is pioneering gene therapy with purpose. From our Cambridge, Massachusetts headquarters, we’re developing gene therapies for severe genetic diseases and cancer, with the goal that people facing potentially fatal conditions with limited treatment options can live their lives fully. Beyond our labs, we’re working to positively disrupt the healthcare system to create access, transparency, and education so that gene therapy can become available to all those who can benefit. Our diverse flock of birds is united by a singular focus: a passionate commitment to changing the lives of patients and supporting each other on this journey.
Within the People + Culture team, we spend our days finding, developing, and engaging a group of stellar birds. Our mission is to create meaningful experiences for our people around the world so we can be our best selves, develop strong capabilities, and do extraordinary things for our patients. We’re a company filled with super smart people who really know their science, so using research and data to ensure bluebird bio continues to be a great place to work is an obvious approach to how we “do HR”. People Analytics at bluebird bio is a relatively new and quickly growing capability. We’re social scientists with research backgrounds who conduct experimental, survey, and archival research. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats within the People Analytics team, but ultimately empowers our People Partners and business leaders with data and insights to better understand their organizations and drive strategy.
- Passionate about the employee experience and know how to measure the moments that matter most to our birds
- A storyteller, adept at influencing by bringing together disparate data and research to paint a cohesive picture
- Creative in your approach to address people-related questions. You understand the complexities of working with people data
- Able to distill and communicate complex ideas and findings to non-academic audiences. You’re also comfortable speaking to the details of your work
- Curious and have and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop
- Excited to embrace the values of bluebird bio: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
- Help design and deliver bluebird bio’s employee survey and assessment strategy (e.g., Pulses, Culture Survey, employee lifecycle, multi-rater, etc.)
- Design and conduct research to evaluate the effectiveness of our people programs and processes (e.g., onboarding, bar raiser, candidate experience, coaching, training and development, etc.), enabling continuous improvements to how we support our birds
- Clean data, manipulate datasets, and conduct multivariate statistical analyses (e.g., regression, factor analysis, longitudinal studies, t-tests, ANOVA, HLM, etc.) leveraging both perception and operational data
- Build strong relationships and consult with internal clients to tackle organizational and talent challenges, distilling large amounts of information to be able to be addressed with data, facts, and research
- Demonstrate exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive people data
- You have a PhD with 2+ years of experience, or MS with 4+ years of experience, in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Science, Applied Statistics, or related disciplines
- You have 2+ years of experience applying statistical methods and designing quantitative and qualitative people research in an HR organization or as an HR consultant
- You know the ins and outs of survey tools like Qualtrics and are an expert at survey research
- You know how to analyze both structured and unstructured data using tools such as R or SPSS
- You have worked with stakeholders to understand their needs and can communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have demonstrated strong consulting, client management, and project management capabilities and are able to use data and insights to influence people-related decisions
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.