Director, Business Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The focus of this position is to support the growth of all systems needed to support the Gene Therapy Service group within bluebird bio. Gene Therapy Services partners with Hospitals and our Manufacturers to coordinate patients through our therapies from enrollment to infusion. This role would lead the build out the process, team and systems necessary to support both the clinical and commercial programs. This role reports to the Senior Director of Gene Therapy Services.
About the role:
- Provide strategic and operational direction for all systems supporting the gene therapy pathway.
- Partner with IT, system vendors and the business process owners to develop the business requirements and system road maps
- Build and manage an overall Business System strategy for Gene Therapy Services needed to support clinical and commercial needs. (integration strategy, change management, prioritization)
- Build/Manage a team that can service the business with a deep understanding of the systems and requirements and act as business admins for the systems.
- Lead build out, launches and continuous improvement of the Patient Case Management system, partnering with IT. System allows for tracking and communication of operational events related to the patient treatment pathway.
- Lead build out, launches and continuous improvement of the Traceability System, partnering with IT. System allows for tracing of patient cells throughout the process
- Partner with Commercial Patient Services to execute the call center strategy
- Establish a robust reporting and dashboard infrastructure to support various business needs.
- Establish process for receiving system change requests, prioritizations and deployment strategy with IT.
- Collaborate with IT to develop system roadmaps that support the business needs.
- Manage budget
- Bachelor's degree or the combination of education and business experience required - advanced degree preferred (e.g. MBA, MPH, etc.).
- Minimum 15 years of biotech/pharma or related experience, specifically building and supporting supply chain and/or customer operations systems.
- Experience implementing or supporting validated systems
- Good understanding of GMPs and GCPs is required
- Previous experience managing a function or team is necessary
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills are necessary
bluebird bio is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ Global Select Market and trades under the symbol BLUE. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative, colorful, and scientifically rigorous environment, with all the fun and passion that a start-up provides, plus an excellent benefits package that includes stock options, commuter/parking benefit, etc.
bluebird bio, 60 Binney Street, Cambridge, MA 02142 www.bluebirdbio.com
bluebird bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. bluebird bio is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Internal Medicine Physician
Heal, San Francisco, CA