Cellular Process Development & Gene Editing Specialist (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Cellular Process Development & Gene Editing
Oncology Drug Product Manufacturing
bluebird bio’s Cellular Process Development and Gene Editing team is a group of birds in Pharmaceutical Sciences designing processes to manufacture high quality messenger mRNA, reprogrammed T cells, and stem cells for our patients. We develop the gene therapy and gene editing manufacturing platforms and chaperone them from pre-clinical to commercial manufacturing phases in collaboration with other teams across Pharm Sci and Research. Come join our incredibly talented team of birds and learn more about how the work from this team has a significant impact in patient’s lives.
The cellular process development teams are responsible for developing cellular drug product processes and introducing new technologies for stem cell and T-cell therapies. The focus of this position is to contribute to the development of next generation manufacturing processes for cell therapies. We are looking for a motivated associate scientist to drive development and characterization projects.
- Perform experiments involving the isolation, transduction, expansion, and cryopreservation of gene-modified cells for treatment of hematological malignancies and other cancers.
- Perform complex technical work related to T- and stem cell biology including cell isolation, viral gene transfer, tissue culture, PCR, flow cytometry, and other immunological assays.
- All aspects of mammalian cell culture, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, propagation, and cryopreservation of cells, including primary human cells.
- Performance of general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, batch records, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
- Hands-on lab based position requiring a flexible schedule based on experimental work (some weekend work may be required).
- BS cell biology, immunology, biochemical engineering, or related discipline with 0-2 years experience.
- Willingness to work with lentiviral vector and human biological samples.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills - sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written skills; able to handle confidential information and material appropriately.
- Experienced in a variety of cell-based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, immunoassays, and general laboratory techniques.
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office sufficient to record scientific data and prepare reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, prioritize and balance work from multiple individuals.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Bohemia, NY