Senior Manager, Medical Affairs, UK
Bluebird Bio, London
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s mission to develop transformative cell & gene therapies for rare diseases and cancer. This role represents a unique opportunity to join an enthusiastic and collaborative team with bold ambitions to deliver innovative therapies for UK patients. Working within medical affairs, you will have the opportunity to develop collaborative relationships with external stakeholders, support evidence generation and work as part of a cross-functional team to enable considered late-stage clinical development and commercialisation activities, including health technology appraisal, of our gene therapy treatments for haemoglobinopathies and cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy.
About the role:
The Senior Medical Manager will:
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating data generated from our clinical development & real-world evidence generation programmes
- Contribute to our success through the gathering of medical insights to inform strategy and research/data generation initiatives
- Be seen as a trusted partner that provides high-quality scientific expertise to support appropriate use of bluebird’s treatments
- Represent bluebird bio and its therapeutic platform at relevant scientific congresses and meetings
- Work cross-functionally to further develop collaborative internal relationships and prepare country specific strategic and tactical plans
- Support evidence generation activities and preparation of health technology submissions in collaboration with market access
- Work within relevant compliance frameworks such as the ABPI code and MHRA blue guide including in supporting the development of promotional materials
- Doctorate or pharmacist degree (GMC registered physician, PhD or GPhC registered MPharm) with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience required; experience in rare disease preferred but not essential
- Able to assimilate and effectively communicate complex scientific & medical information communicate confidently and effectively with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success of working in partnership with market access colleagues in the development of health technology appraisals
- Resilient and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions
- Ability to work independently as well as engage in collaborative decision making to complete tasks to a high standard
- Strong capability to work cross-functionally with a willingness to go beyond traditional medical affairs responsibilities as required, to achieve the aim of bringing bluebird’s therapies to patients
- In depth working knowledge of the ABPI code of practice and MHRA blue guide. Final ABPI signatory status.
- Availability for overnight travel
- Eligible to work in UK
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colourful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Analyst, Audience
Lucid, New Orleans