Senior Instructional Designer and Content Developer (Cambridge, MA - Durham, NC - Seattle, WA)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team! We are leading the gene therapy revolution with integrated product platforms encompassing gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases.
We’re looking for a passionate Sr Instructional Designer and Content Developer to join the bluebird global learning team. Reporting to our Manager, Learning Technologies & Administration, this role will partner with multiple bluebird learning teams to design instructional content globally for a broad range of learning initiatives including: instructor-led training, self-study content, eLearning/storyboarding and scripting. You will partner with other People & Culture experts, learning leaders, internal and external resources and subject-matter experts to drive forward a strategy for global instructional design and content development.
- Design, develop and publish engaging course content and learning activities utilizing recognized learning models (i.e. ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick, etc.) for multiple learning modalities (i.e. ILT, online and virtual learning and eLearning), including but not limited to: measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, audio scripts, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries and knowledge assessments.
- Create instructional and supporting materials for instructor-led and self-paced courses, including videos, user guides, job aids, audio and video scripts, storyboards, assessments, simulations, scenarios and progress checks.
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content, including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify learning gaps and content requirements
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format as needed
- Develop and facilitate the content review process, approvals, edits, version control and storage of learning related content
- Create engaging and interactive eLearning courses and learning experiences using recognized authoring tools (i.e. Articulate Storyline, Rise, etc.)
- Work cross-functionally to develop course content that is inclusive and appropriate for all internal learning audiences.
- A natural curiosity current learning and instructional technologies and models.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience with professional writing, instructional design and/or product development including experience with information gathering, organization and synthesis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design or similar field
- Demonstrated experience in the design and development of learning content across modalities, including Classroom and Virtual Instructor Led Training (ILT), eLearning, video, podcasts, job aids
- Experience with enterprise learning technologies (i.e.Articulate Storyline, Rise, Camtasia, Captivate, etc.)
- Strong understanding of instructional design and performance management principles
- Adept at working within constraints including but not limited to aggressive deadlines, changing requirements and limited resource availability
- You bring strong attention to detail, organizational skills, presentation skills, curiosity and creativity to the work that you do.
- Passion for making a difference for the patients we serve
- Able to travel up to 25% as needed
Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
Please note: Work Samples demonstrating your experience and skill will be required as part of the interview and selection process.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Tell Us About Yourself!
Lucid, New Orleans