Junior IT Support Specialist
Bluebird Bio, Zug
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
At bluebird bio, we’re pushing hard on gene therapy because we believe it delivers the chance for people with severe genetic diseases and cancer to live fully, regardless of what’s written in their DNA. We’re doing the hard work because people facing these challenges deserve it. Our goal is to recode the science, the system – and even the status quo – for life. We are now looking for a new bird to join our European flock. This new bird will be joining a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization with a top notch, client-focused legal department where we embody a culture of “b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself!”
About the role:
- Work closely with functional groups (G&A and Commercial) to identify and deliver computer systems, accessfor new hires and/or mobile equipment as requested.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user hardware, software and peripherals including setup and configuration of IP-based telephonesin our Swiss office and when necessary toEU remote locations.
- EscalateIncidentsand requests to other support groups or 3rd party support when appropriate.
- Provide proactive assistance with new technologies; Office 365 - Skypefor business, Microsoft Teamsand OneDrive, Sharepoint including other system trainings as needed.
- Actively respond to incidents and requests for all workstations, laptops, peripherals and software applications.
- Document, track, helpdesk calls and/or escalate issues when necessary
- Setup, configuration and delivery of workstations, mobile devices, and peripherals to end users in both office and country offices in collaboration with 3rd party vendor.
- Maintain hardware and softwarestockinventories.
- Provide new user orientation, develop training documentation and provide system training as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, 1-3 years ofDesktop and End usersupport; working within Global Service desk systems including, Incidents management, Service and change management for onsite users and remote sites, ITIL Foundation certification is an advantage.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting MS Office2013, 2016including Microsoft Lync (Skype) 2010/2013. Office 365 and Sharepoint is a plus.
- Must have experience configuring, supporting and troubleshooting mobile devices (IOS, Android, and Windows) usingMDM software (AirWatch, jamf).
- Must have 1-3 years of experience imaging, deploying, and supporting Windows7, 8 and10 workstations.
- Must have good working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Windows Active Directory.
- Experience in providing support onsite and remotely in a Global environment
- Experience supporting VPN clients, Cisco a plus.
- Experience supporting desktop anti-virus software, Symantec Endpoint Protection and Kaspersky a plus.
- Excellent communication,advanced English is a must,any additional languages a plus.
- Experience with providingsupport for medium and largeAudio Video Meeting around Skype for Business and Polycom.
- Ability to work autonomously on various problems, customer relation and problem-solving skills a must.
- Experience with software distribution solutions (e.g. SCCM,Ivanti)
- Experience in Life SciencesorPharma industry a plus
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Willing to travel to Remote site when necessary.
- Independently motivated, detailand serviceoriented, good problem-solving ability, willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent organizational skills,sufficientto multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Eligible to work in Switzerland
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.