IT Manager, Data Management & Analytics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease. Fly at the cutting edge of science and pioneer a novel way of engaging patients that is built for purpose. Build and lead a Commercial & Manufacturing innovation nest that delivers our scientific promise to healthcare providers and patients.
Reporting to the Director Commercial Data Management & Analytics, this role will implement processes and platforms that meet our product commercialization goals and timelines. The position will not only lead the design and implementation of the platforms but also be instrumental in developing the operational execution of the technology stack. This role will be the functional IT partner for the Global Patient Operations and US Patient Services teams. In partnership with these functional teams, this person will enable technology framework that ensure a secure patient treatment journey. These technologies support business functions in patient case management and patient therapy.
About the Role:
- Project Management
- Partner with the Commercial and Patient Operations teams to implement a Case Management platform that supports business & patient needs through the treatment journey.
- Partner with Business and IT stakeholders on the Master Data technology stack to ensure governance of the patient and HCP/HCO data.
- Partner with the Manufacturing logistics team implementing our chosen traceability platform to full
- Be the steward of bluebird bio’s Patient treatment pathways standards, guidelines and execution playbooks. Manage timelines, budgets, and resources as necessary to execute.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA Preferred
- 5+ years in a Customer Service or IT service platform operations role
- 5+ year experience in a Healthcare or Biotech Patient Services role
- Rare disease manufacturing experience preferred
- Team management and development experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for problem solving
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to champion change and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to lead and challenge others in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.