Senior Director, FP&A Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
As Senior Director, FP&A Systems, you will help lead the global FP&A team in supporting the operations and functionality of our planning and reporting systems and technology. In this role you will provide business and process leadership of our FP&A systems. The successful candidate is a hands-on technologist with a clear desire to understand and address key business needs, growing and developing effective technology solutions to meet these needs.
About the role
Build streamlined systems and processes to meet business needs
- Create, transform and scale a high performing planning and reporting ecosystem that aligns bluebird strategy with planning/execution
- Develop a strong understanding of our business and end user budgeting and reporting requirements in order to implement effective system solutions and supporting processes, driving process transformation through thought leadership
- Support the financial planning needs of a multi-faceted, fast-based business than spans from Research to Development to Commercial and includes external and internal manufacturing capabilities
- Identify and manage business requirements, process design, testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations within our planning platform (currently Oracle PBCS)
- Design integration with Oracle Financials Cloud to allow for real-time budget vs. actual analyses as part of our integrated close process. Integrate Oracle PBCS with other Oracle cloud products as needed (e.g. Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud, etc.).
- Consider the implementation of new software if/where needed, working closely with internal and external support, including IT, as well as external consultants
- For significant system enhancements and upgrades, be a key member of the testing team as well as guide the infrastructure changes required. Coordinate deployment of patches, enhancements, and major rollouts with the business and technical IT and business teams
- Evaluate, pilot and/or test new software applications
- Participate in data integrations and migration solutions
Collaborate through effective partnerships
- Build and maintain close and effective partnerships with business users, management, system providers, and IT teams
- Partner with FP&A business partners and cross-functional teams to understand existing planning models and translate them into efficiently built system models
- Work with IT business partners on change management, effectiveness and performance of the finance systems. This includes monitoring system performance and suitability to business needs, working with system providers for ongoing support, upgrades and functionality enhancements. Partner with IT for seamless data, infrastructure and systems performance.
- Manage external partners to drive successful implementation and/or support of systems
Maintain existing systems
- Schedule and perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages as needed. Maintain these in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Have the ability to configure and maintain Oracle PBCS admin items such as dimensions, tasks, forms, rules, lists, and other model settings
- Support data flows and governance of key FP&A data elements and hierarchies
- Support future FP&A reporting solutions: Tableau, Power BI, or others as identified
- Confirm testing for all system changes and upgrades are properly completed and approved before moving anything to production
Support and train others
- Be aware of technology trends in FP&A and share best practices across the team, bringing in best-in-class, forward-looking planning and reporting capabilities and solutions to FP&A
- Provide education to end users for all modified and new systems by conducting training, including for our time tracking solutions
- Be the first line of support for business users having functional performance issues, automated job issues and support ongoing improvement of FP&A systems
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 12 years of Finance/ business systems experience, with 4+ years in a leading systems role within a finance function
- Oracle PBCS development, implementation and maintenance experience required, including experience with both expense planning (opex, capex) and workforce planning
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Must be a self-starter, a change agent, flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability with skills in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications. Able to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be a highly organized and disciplined individual who fully understands the rigors of a critical production environment
- Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: Six Sigma, Project Management, Business Analysis, Administration and Support
- Biotech industry experience preferred
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Lead
Enjoy, Palo Alto, CA