Country Medical Lead UK
Bluebird Bio, UK
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach for patients in the UK. Within Medical Affairs, you will lead the UK Medical Affairs organization and translate Global and Regional strategy into country specific plans and activities. The Country Medical Lead UK will report to the Head of Medical Affairs Europe and be a fully integrated member of the country leadership team, lead by the General Manager. She (he) functions as a medical/scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders/national authorities and contributes to above-country programs through provision of country specific insights.
About the role:
- Provide medical and scientific support to all relevant stakeholders in order to maximize the value of data generation efforts and interpretation/communication of emerging evidence from clinical development programs.
- Develops and implements the country medical affairs strategy. Ensures medical and scientific integrity of all activities conducted within the country.
- Serves as senior medical lead and assumes medical accountability for all relevant projects as determined in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Builds, onboards and develops a Medical Affairs team to support multiple launches.
- Builds relationships and contributes to interactions with key external stakeholders including, but not limited to, key opinion leaders, payers and national reimbursement authorities by communicating the clinical value of the bluebird bio research platforms and therapeutic approaches.
- take responsibility for the medical content and positioning in all HTA submissions and reimbursement negotiations, contributing significantly in person or via team, to both the dossiers and driving local data collection to strengthen the value proposition
- Contribute to company success through external medical/scientific information exchange and support, using medical/scientific expertise to support research/data generation initiatives.
- Represents bluebird bio and its therapeutic platform at global and regional scientific congresses and meetings and in external communication efforts.
- Works cross-functionally with colleagues, regionally and globally to establish ongoing collaborative internal relationships and develop the country-specific strategy;
- Serves as final ABPI code signatory
- GMC registered physician with at least 7 years of industry experience required; experience in hematology and rare disease preferred;
- Experience in building and leading Medical Affairs teams, developing team members and serving as medical director in previous organisation(s)
- Track record in developing and leading Medical Affairs initiatives to effectively support commercialization, successful launch and business growth.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working on reimbursement submissions and representing the organisation in front of HTA bodies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to anticipate and adapt to change; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions.
- Ability to work independently, yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate well with health care professionals and authorities. Ability to establish strong relationships with peer groups, professional organizations, and other outside parties
- In-depth ABPI code expertise and registered final signatory
- Regular travel required;
- Readiness to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quality Control Specifications Analyst (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States