Director, Patient Services Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease. Fly at the cutting edge of science and pioneer a novel way of engaging patients that is built for purpose. Build and lead a Commercial & Manufacturing innovation nest that delivers our scientific promise to healthcare providers and patients.
Reporting to the Director Commercial Systems, this role will architect & implement processes and platforms that meet our product commercialization goals and timelines. The position will not only lead the design and implementation of the platforms but lead the operational execution of the technology stack. This role will be the functional business IT partner for the Global & Regional Commercial, Medical, Patient Operations and Commercial Manufacturing teams. In partnership with these functional teams, you will enable a technology framework that ensures a secure patient treatment journey. These technologies support business functions in patient case management, patient treatment scheduling, needle to needle product traceability, and drug product manufacturing supply chain management, including ERP integration. This position requires an experienced and dynamic IT leader to create the foundation that our promise to patients can be fulfilled.
About the Role:
- Partner with Commercial leadership to evaluate and implement a Case Management platform that supports business & patient needs through the treatment journey.
- Partner with Patient Operations leadership to implement and execute our patient scheduling system that governs the patient treatment process with internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Manufacturing logistics team implementing our traceability (chain of identity) platform to ensure quality assured manufacturing and secure logistics of our drug products.
- Partner with Manufacturing supply chain to enable an Oracle ERP integrated product manufacturing platform that scales to future needs.
- Partner with Medical RWE team to support Patient registry reporting functions.
- Be the steward of bluebird bio’s Patient treatment pathways standards, guidelines and execution playbooks. Manage timelines, budgets, and resources as necessary to execute our novel gene therapy treatments.
- Project and Portfolio Management, may oversee the work of others
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA Preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a Customer Service or IT service platform operations role
- 5+ year experience in a Healthcare or Biotech Patient Services role
- Rare disease manufacturing experience preferred
- Team management and development experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit working across multiple functions to bring folks together on a common goal empathy, and pension for problem solving
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to champion change and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to lead and challenge others in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Azure IaaS Specialist
Catapult Systems, Tampa
Senior IT Support Specialist
Senior Business Analyst
Engineering Lead - Identity
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Senior DevOps Specialist
Netflix, Los Gatos, California