Information Systems Engineer, II
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Information Systems Engineer II
Bluebird bio’s Global Information Technology team’s mission is to deliver smart, innovative technology solutions and services to bluebird and our patients. We are moving fast here at bluebird, working together as ONE TEAM in building a legendary gene therapy company, and bringing hope to patients and their families. As a member of bluebird’s IT team, we have the opportunity and privilege to deliver technology solutions and services to support patients, care givers and the healthcare organizations serving them through our gene therapy patient treatment pathway. We are a passionate, hardworking, and friendly flock of IT birds who are looking for individuals to step outside their comfort zone, roll up their sleeves and help us grow and scale this organization and influence the industry of cell and gene therapy, while learning and growing along the way. We invite you to come make your mark with us!
In this role, you will play a crucial role in both building and monitoring our existing infrastructure in and out of the data center. You will touch a wide breadth of technologies and devices as well as help define new technologies being used moving forward.
- Day to day management, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all Data Center Operations including servers (physical/virtual), storage (NAS/SAN), Network, and Security Infrastructure.
- Maintain, enhance and test all aspects of bluebird bio’s data protection environment, including backup/recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Play a crucial role in helping to design, develop and implement new IT infrastructure platforms and strategies; including on premises, Cloud, SaaS and hosted environments
- Maintain a high level of infrastructure uptime in a fast paced, regulated environment
- Partner with IT and business units on key infrastructure projects, providing assessments and implementation services for key new applications and systems
- Work alongside and manage day to day relationship with MSP
- Act as escalation point for End User Services as needed
- 5-8+ Years working with Windows Server systems in a high availability, regulated data center environment.
- Previous experience supporting a global, multi-site environment
- Good understanding of Active Directory environments
- Experience with VMWare hypervisor
- Experience with OKTA, Office 365, Mimecast a plus
- Cisco, VMWare, Microsoft or equivalent certification are a plus
- Experience with Unix/Linux a plus
- Previous experience automating workloads/server builds a plus
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Medical Billing
Heal, Los Angeles, CA