QTC Engagement Manager
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Fly at the cutting edge of science and lead an enthusiastic team of bluebirds and external partners to support our Patient Supply launch readiness activities. In this role you will work closely with the Launch Planning and Commercial Engagement Lead, leaders and stakeholders within Commercial Ops., Global Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Finance, Quality and External Partners and Suppliers. This role will work in a cross functional bluebird flock and liaise closely with hospital staff to design and manage interdependent work plans that enable predictability and efficiency creating a sense of true partnership with qualified treatment centers with the goal of providing the best patient experience to our patients.
About the role:
- Understand bluebird bio’s Commercial launch strategy and requirements related to Patient Supply in the U.S. and Canada.
- Support organizational engagement of North America care sites including work plan creation, site assessment and site on-boarding.
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams on the status, objectives, risks, deliverables and mitigation plans associated with the various projects.
- Support pre-launch and post launch transition planning ensuring effective handover to daily operations team.
- Support execution of Patient Supply launch work stream to ensure successful plan implementation by working with the regional leadership teams.
- Understand specific country, product, labeling, manufacturing, quality and regulations to drive a successful business & operational readiness.
- Establish good working relationship with all qualified treatment centers and support on- boarding activities such as training, documentation, and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with the Patient Supply Organizations, Global Apheresis and Therapy Services teams, creating, managing and executing their project plans and activities.
- Contribute to the development of change controls, standard operating procedures, work instructions, job aids and forms related to Qualified Treatment Center operations. Establish and operate lunch performance metrics. Other operational support tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or the combination of education and business experience required
- Minimum of 5 years in the healthcare, biotechnology or pharmaceutical fields required.
- Experience in working in a Hospital setting a plus.
- Experience managing projects in a fast paced, highly matrixed team environment.
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for delivery the best possible patient care and addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients.
- Ability to manage ambiguity that comes with a novel therapeutic area and effectively manage teams through it.
- Independently motivated and detailed oriented are a must.
- Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally (20% of time)
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: be colorful, be cooperative, be yourself.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.