Vice President, Program Leader, Global BCMA Program
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
bluebird bio is looking for an exceptionally talented leader for the Global BCMA program. With the near-term launch of ide-cel (bb2121) in relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma, the broad clinical development program moving into earlier lines, and the parallel clinical development of the nextgen candidate, bb21217, the program needs a strong, multi-faceted leader as the program continues on its rapid trajectory of transformational patient impact.
This results-oriented individual will be characterized by a strong strategic mind, a high degree of emotional intelligence, a collaborative nature and nimble thinking, and will credibly and enthusiastically work with leaders and teams across the spectrum of early research, clinical, CMC, regulatory, commercial, finance, and alliance management. You will lead the cross-functional team in - and be responsible for - the overall program strategy, integrated operational planning, financial and resource planning, decision-making, execution. This is a key leadership role within bluebird and the broader Oncology Franchise, sitting on the Oncology Leadership Team, and reporting to the Chief Business Officer and Oncology Franchise Head.
About the role:
- Champion the Global BCMA Program in the context of overall bluebird priorities
- Refine and communicate a shared and bold vision for the programs; bring a strong bluebird bio culture- and patient-centricity to the programs
- Lead and chair the BCMA Program Team, partnering with the Program Manager and cross-functional leaders to ensure team effectiveness and operational excellence
- Inspire team members to achieve stretch goals, providing feedback and mentorship to drive high performance; build trust and respect across the team and its members; model behaviors and support team members when they are experiencing high stress
- Orchestrate and shape the integrated strategic and operational plan to navigate emerging programs through their early lifecycle, identifying key issues and ensuring resolution; Drive results by motivating and connecting cross-functional team members
- Partner with key internal and external, including alliance, stakeholders to manage ongoing dynamics and ensure the continued alignment on, and successful execution, of program priorities
- Deliver on Program Goals, effectively prioritizing resources for successful implementation
- Partner and provide strategic oversight for budgets and resourcing
- Architect scenarios to inform decision making and program planning; ensure that the right skills and capabilities exist on the team to effectively execute on the program plan
- Determine appropriate decision-making forums, and hold accountability and decision-making authority on integration of cross-functional strategies; ensure that key stakeholders are included in the decision-making process and that decisions are communicated to those responsible for execution
- Ensure alignment across program, franchise, and functional priorities
- “Roll up sleeves and get hands dirty” for the benefit of the team and the team’s objectives; be able to wear multiple hats and fill in when needed; hold self as accountable as team
- Show high degree of emotional intelligence when faced with high stress situations and/or conflict; respond to challenges and setbacks with creativity, resilience, and realistic positivity
- Contribute to the broader Oncology Franchise Strategy to grow and shape the future pipeline
- Advanced degree in relevant scientific or medical discipline required, PhD, MD, and/or MBA
- 5+ years [10+ preferred] demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization required
- Previous Program Leadership experience and experience with leading an innovative or first-in-class development/launch-stage program strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of technical aspects of drug development combined with a refined business/financial acumen
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinker and problem solver with a high degree of learning agility
- Motivated leader with a single-minded focus on creating an unparalleled impact for patients
- Demonstrated experience working in alliances is preferred
- Experience in Oncology indications as well as innovative/adaptive approaches to product development in cell therapies
- Outstanding communication skills with both internal and external audiences and excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Willingness to embrace the bluebird bio values: b colorful b cooperative b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Marketplace