Senior Business Systems Analyst, Lab Information Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
About The Flock:
bluebird bio’s Global Information Technology & Informatics team’s shared vision is to drive technology solutions and services that enable scientific innovation and advanced patient care for our people, our partners and our patients. We are moving fast here at bluebird, working together in building and supporting a legendary gene therapy company, and bringing hope to patients and their families. As a member of bluebird’s IT team, we have the opportunity and privilege to deliver technology solutions and services to teams supporting our gene therapy drug development programs and as well as patients, care givers and the healthcare organizations who treat them globally. We are a passionate, hardworking, and friendly flock of IT birds who are looking for individuals to step outside their comfort zone and work with our shared mission to serve first, build trust and operate as ONE Team. We invite you to be a part of something bigger than yourself and come make your mark with us!
How You’ll Fly:
In this role, you will serve as a key IT liaison for the bluebird Research and Pharmaceutical Science functions. You will serve as a strategic thinker who partners closely with business leadership to understand the data and analytics challenges and needs of bluebird. You will assist in defining, designing and implementing enterprise solutions related to laboratory informatics, data management, reporting, data modeling, and data integration. This role will assist in developing and executing on the Laboratory Information Systems portfolio roadmap. You will work with the Laboratory Information Systems lead in providing a demand governance and support model to prioritize and deliver end-to-end solutions across various business functions.
What You’ll Bring:
About the role:
- Serve as a key liaison and technical leader for the Research and Pharmaceutical Sciences functions
- Drive the Laboratory Information Systems initiatives and portfolio roadmap
- Contributes to the development of the functional strategy as a subject matter expert
- Work closely with business subject matter experts to develop business process workflows
- Serve as subject matter expert and mentor for laboratory informatics projects within the organization
- Anticipates internal and external business challenges and recommends creative solutions
- Develop user requirements and vendor/software selection criteria for enterprise software and technology solutions
- Manage internal and external resources assisting with the implementation, support and maintenance of laboratory informatics systems
- Support the LIMS/ELN environment (Sapio Exemplar Platform)
- BS/MS and a minimum of 10 years of Information Technology or combined Laboratory experience, 3-5 years of technical support experience within Lab Informatics
- Experience implementing and supporting, Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and, or Laboratory Information Management Systems a must
- Demonstrated business partner/relationship management experience
- Strong vendor management and project management skills
- Experience in biotech, pharmaceutical or life sciences a must
- Experience with the Sapio Exemplar platform a plus
- Familiarization with GxP systems and CFR part 11 compliance strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, along with technical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in rapidly growing life sciences organizations is preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, small, fast-paced team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive results
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one