Associate Director, FP&A - G&A Business Partner
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Associate Director, FP&A – G&A Business Partner
Join our high performing FP&A team supporting the G&A function and Corporate FP&A! As part of our exciting, fast-paced FP&A team, this individual will be a business-facing Finance team member providing critical business and financial decision support. This person will play an integral role in establishing and driving processes in areas such as budgeting/forecasting, management reporting and providing important input to FP&A processes and systems as we scale both to meet the needs of our growing organization.
Business partner to G&A
- Become a key resource to the G&A team for all things finance including contract reviews, requisitions and POs, accruals, and assessment of performance vs. plan, providing financial expertise across all areas of operations from planning to execution
- Provide decision support to stakeholders across all G&A departments both during active planning cycles (budget, reforecast, LRP) and on an ongoing basis
- Develop, analyze, interpret and present financial results to various stakeholders within the organization, with the ability to adapt messaging depending on the audience, from department planners to executive level
- Support the integration of G&A business planning to ensure alignment with the rest of our business during budget, forecast and LRP, including running workstreams in coordination with our Chief Operating Officer and/or others in oversight roles
- Collaborate with our Global Procurement and Sourcing team to proactively and creatively seek out opportunities to evaluate various options and assess their respective financial and business impact
- Collaborate with relevant members of our Accounting team on processes such as development of an integrated month-end close, including partnership on accruals and Budget versus Actual analyses
- Advise on business planning assumptions, trade-offs and scenarios to support strategic decisions within the business
- Oversee global processes for headcount planning, participating as an active member on the Headcount Committee, and partnering with our People & Culture and IT teams on the seamless integration of data between position management and planning systems
- Oversee our program allocation process and related time tracking system to ensure timely and accurate collection and reporting of data vs. plan
- Bring creative ideas including those based on past experiences to help us streamline systems and process to ensure we continue to improve the way we work
- Leverage strong systems knowledge to provide relevant, timely feedback on systems changes and on an ad hoc basis, help oversee various projects to implement changes
- Establish and provide input into corporate financial processes and timelines
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 8+ years related work experience in finance or a related field, including prior experience working as a finance business partner
- Experience in cloud-based planning systems. Oracle PBCS is strongly preferred; a similar platform also acceptable.
- Skilled with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) a plus.
- Knowledge of recruiting and/or position management systems (e.g. Greenhouse) a plus
- In depth knowledge of MS Office applications required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a multi-national corporation supporting users across different geographies
- Understanding of GAAP/IFRS accounting principles required
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate & analyses data and identify key drivers
- Finance Business Partnering skills – ability to engage with non-finance professionals and distill complex financial viewpoints to promote understanding
- Focus on delivery – thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Patient-centricity – a passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- Flexibility - to respond to fast changing business needs on short notice
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions and up to senior leadership
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.