Director, People Analytics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Director, People Analytics
bluebird bio is pioneering gene therapy with purpose. We’re developing gene therapies for severe genetic diseases and cancer, with the goal that people facing potentially fatal conditions with limited treatment options can live their lives fully. Beyond our labs, we’re working to positively disrupt the healthcare system to create access, transparency, and education so that gene therapy can become available to all those who can benefit. Our diverse flock of birds is united by a singular focus: a passionate commitment to changing the lives of patients and supporting each other on this journey.
Within the People and Culture team, we spend our days finding, developing, and engaging a group of amazing people (i.e., birds). Our mission is to create meaningful experiences for our people around the world so we can be our best selves, develop strong capabilities, and do extraordinary things for our patients. We’re a company filled with super smart people who really know their science, so using research and data to ensure bluebird continues to be a great place to work is an obvious approach to how we “do HR”. We are looking for an experienced people analytics leader who will empower other global People and Culture and business leaders with data and insights to drive people strategy, and for someone who is excited about the blank slate opportunity to establish a critical capability at a company bringing transformative therapies to patients with severe genetic and rare diseases and cancer.
The Director, People Analytics will contribute to setting the overall vision for People Analytics and build to bring that vision to life. They will work collaboratively with leaders across People and Culture and the business further developing bluebird’s unique approach to how we support our birds. This is a critical role that will support our scaling objectives while helping us retain our strong culture, agility, and focus on innovation. The ideal candidate will have experience leading research and analyses across a broad range of people-related topics such as talent acquisition, performance, learning and development, diversity, compensation, and retention. They will also have strong quantitative skills, an ability to influence People and Culture leaders to implement and improve key people programs, and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Fine tune and execute a strategy for People Analytics at bluebird bio, establishing the function as an internal center of excellence for dashboards, predictive analytics and experimental, archival, and survey research
- Build a team of high performing birds and shape them into an innovative, productive, and highly collaborative team eager to take on complex people program and process challenges
- Identify, define, and socialize bluebird’s people KPIs informing People and Culture and executive leadership decisions
- Evangelize and educate People and Culture and business leaders on the value of using data and insights to drive evidence-based people decisions
- Build strong relationships and consult with internal stakeholders to tackle organizational and people challenges, distilling large amounts of information to be addressed with data, facts, and research
- Design and conduct research to evaluate the effectiveness of our people programs and processes enabling continuous improvements to how we support our birds
- Manipulate datasets and conduct multivariate statistical analyses (e.g., regression, factor analysis, longitudinal studies, t-tests, ANOVA, HLM, etc.) leveraging both perception and operational data
- Demonstrate exceptional judgement and discretion when dealing with sensitive people data
- Ph.D. with 12+ years of industry experience in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Behavioral Science, Applied Statistics, Behavioral Economics or related disciplines, or MS with 15+ years of experience.
- 7+ years of experience applying statistical methods and designing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative people research in an HR organization or as an HR consultant, including working with stakeholders to understand their needs, formulating hypotheses, and communicating analyses/findings to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Demonstrated expertise in applying and integrating basic descriptive and more advanced predictive analyses to create strategic and operational insights for People and Culture and company-wide decision-making
- Experience building, evolving and applying complex models for planning, prediction and decision support
- Experience working with and analyzing structured and unstructured people data leveraging in-depth knowledge of various HR data systems and using tools such as Tableau, SPSS, R, or SQL
- Ability to pull disparate datapoints and research together to tell compelling stories and influence People and Culture and business leaders
- Strong consulting, client management, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability in building, leading, and engaging a diverse and high-performing team. Expertise and passion for coaching and developing others.
- Experience working internally in a medium to large organization
- Experience establishing a function, capability, or program from the ground up
- Experience hiring and managing a team of quantitatively-oriented people analysts
- Experience developing tools or processes, conducting empirical research, and knowledge of best practices in several the following areas: learning and development, performance management, diversity, well-being, or talent acquisition
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
See jobs at CipherHealth