In Vivo Pharmacologist, Oncology and Gene Editing
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
We are seeking a highly motivated In Vivo Pharmacologist with extensive experience leading drug discovery and development efforts for Immuno-Oncology and Gene Editing programs. You will be responsible for providing advanced in vivo pharmacology expertise and leadership to selected project teams.
The Preclinical & Translational Development group works with bluebird bio’s discovery platforms and translational research teams to generate the hypotheses, mechanism-of-action, and efficacy data that fuel the bluebird pipeline. We also work with our clinical and regulatory teams to generate the pharmacology, PK/PD, safety, and biomarker data that is critical to translating each of bluebird’s innovative therapies safely from research into patients and to the market. In doing so, we continuously strive towards our mission to be the biotech world’s best translational development organization for immunotherapy and gene therapy. Our valued associates experience room to grow their careers, a supportive, flexible and collaborative work environment, and respect for a diversity of experiences and perspectives.
About the Role:
- Provide in vivo pharmacology strategy and strong scientific, technical, and organizational leadership to drive drug discovery and development efforts supporting selected Immuno-Oncology and Gene Editing projects
- Identify optimal animal models and direct in-house IND-enabling animal studies to answer fundamental biology and mechanism-of-action questions, including study design, monitoring, data analysis, interpretation and reports fit for regulatory filings.
- Drive excellent performance within the in vivo study team by effectively leading both direct and indirect reports, including recruiting, managing, mentoring, and developing scientific staff.
- Work effectively cross-functionally across the organization to align on in vivo pharmacology strategy and to build an appropriate and robust preclinical data package for candidate nomination and clinical development.
- Ensure appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to succeed in a collaborative work environment are required.
- Master or PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or related life sciences field
- Strong In Vivo scientific background with 5+ years of biopharma experience (PhD) or with 10+ years biopharma experience (non-PhD); Industry experience required
- Experience in managing direct reports and development of scientific staff with positive team building and teamwork skills required
- Demonstrated success as an In Vivo Pharmacologist on Research and Development projects, with a proven track record of good experimental design, in-depth data analysis and interpretation based on strong scientific rationale
- Experience in Immuno-Oncology (especially cell-based therapy) or In Vivo Gene Editing is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and proficiency in multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with both competing and shifting priorities
- Experience maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols, familiarity with programs such as Excel and Prism for data entry and analysis
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Schiller Park, Illinois