Director, US Marketing, β-thalassemia
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. This role will be responsible for the creation and execution of US strategic HCP communications and HCP launch plans to provide an autologous gene therapy option for patients with transfusion dependent β-thalassemia.
The Director, US Marketing β-thalassemia will work closely with the Global and US Commercial team, Program Management, and the Clinical and Regulatory teams to develop and execute clear, concise, and actionable strategic and tactical plans to optimize launch and commercial success. This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of gene therapy, defining and executing innovative and patient centric solutions delivering potentially transformational care for patients with a serious rare disease.
About the Role:
- Serve as key member of the commercialization team and contribute new ideas and approaches to help build cutting-edge commercial platforms; Serve as a subject matter expert for the product and the treatment landscape in the US.
- Translate the global vision for the brand for the US market to energize all functional areas and stakeholders.
- Set the standard of excellence for the US launch and cross functional teams.
- Foster strong partnerships with medical affairs, market access, sales, legal, regulatory, and other functions to ensure aligned objectives and implementation of the brand strategies.
- Create innovative content for HCP education platforms, including peer to peer. Drive the creation of US HCP-facing print materials for field use in collaboration with our strategic brand agency, leveraging core global brand assets.
- Drive the creation and execution of marketing content in HCP-facing digital channels. Build brand differentiation rooted in customer insights, strong understanding of customer behavior, and key barriers to adoption.
- Understand key market trends and competitive environment to drive proactive strategies to maximize brand potential. Ensure timely and efficient review of promotional materials and complying fully with all legal, regulatory, ethical, and company guidelines.
- Ensure the foundation for a productive dialogue about gene therapy is established between patients and providers; Ensure integration of patient insights into HCP communications, programs, and materials as appropriate
- Work with program management and launch excellence to create a performance dashboard for the US. Ensure operational efficiency by prioritizing key deliverables and brand assets required for a successful launch.
- Manage external agencies to ensure excellent execution of marketing programs aligned with brand strategic imperatives.
- Achieve brand specific metrics and key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of successful pharmaceutical or biotechnology sales and marketing experience. MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable
- Strong digital marketing strategy and executional experience
- At least 3 years pharmaceutical rare disease product management experience
- Launch experience for a new product
- Directed external agencies, vendors, and consultants in support of marketing plans and sales force needs
- Thorough understanding of strategic marketing and promotional planning
- Strong marketing and technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to translate competitive knowledge and market insight into strategy and critical success factors
- Strong leadership presence, self-awareness, self-motivation, and resourcefulness with the ability to drive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced, small-company environment
- Flexibility in handling work flow in an ambiguous, time sensitive, multi-tasking environment
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Retail Marketing Coordinator, DACH
Brooks Running, Germany, Munster
Senior Manager, Growth and Product Marketing
1stdibs, New York City - Astor Place
Marketing Manager, Training
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Head of Marketing
AltSchool, San Francisco, CA
Digital Marketing Manager
Zype, New York, NY
Kiva US Internship (New York City, NY)
Kiva Internship Program, 3 positions available