Sr. Manager, Clinical Contracts
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. As a member of the Clinical Business Operations (CBO) team within the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) department, the person in this role will support the clinical study teams by negotiating and managing study-specific contracts (focusing on budgets and business terms), and will work collaboratively with their CBO colleagues to define contract standards and processes. We are looking for an innovative professional with the breadth of experience and drive to implement our vision for this function and who can work collaboratively with external partners.
About the Role:
- Support the clinical development teams (Phase I-III) in developing, scoping, and finalizing Clinical Agreements including Master Services Agreements, Work Orders, and Change Orders. This role is budget and business focused, you will collaborate with bluebird’s legal department to negotiate contract language terms and conditions.
- Collaborate in the develop of benchmark cost standards across bluebird’s portfolio of development programs
- Collaborate in the development of processes and procedures internally to standardize work flow and manage risk - in general and also specifically relative to Sunshine Act regulations
- Bachelor’s degree is required in any of the following concentrations: science, finance, pre-law, business. Master’s degree in the same concentrations is preferred. A legal and business background is a plus.
- A track record of successful clinical contract negotiations (phase I-III outsourcing lead- minimum of 5 years) is required
- Tactical, first-person experience negotiating complex, long term vendor contracts is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Tactical, first-person experience templating and negotiating site budgets, in addition to acting as an escalation point for either internal or CRO negotiators, is desired but not required
- Must be comfortable acting independently in a central service role to ensure a positive experience for our internal clients, while maintaining standards relative to costs, contract terms and risk management
- Small company experience is a plus – this is a role where you will wear many hats and work closely with the clinical teams to help ensure the success of our clinical trials
- Grantplan/Grants Manager experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Able to manage deadlines and competing priorities across several programs with concurrent timelines
- Excellent leadership, networking, negotiation and communication skills and ability to influence without authority
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, San Jose Warehouse
Mitarbeiter Kundenservice (m/w)
Flightright, Potsdam / Berlin
Customer Success Manager
Chariot Driver - Commuter/Enterprise (Part Time)
Chariot Transit, Austin
Operations Specialist - Sacramento
LimeBike, Sacramento, CA
Acquia, New Delhi, India