Director, Digital Strategy and Execution
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Director, Digital Strategy & Execution
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock. Contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Fly at the cutting edge of science. Build and lead a commercial innovation nest that delivers this scientific promise to healthcare providers and patients. Make a transformative impact in the lives of patients with severe genetic disease.
Reporting to the Platform Marketing Lead, this role will lead the high-performing Digital Experience Team (DXT)- a center of excellence for digital strategy and innovation at bluebird bio, collaborating closely with the brands and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver digital strategy and execution support. As we prepare for launching 3 gene therapies, this role will lead strategy, planning, and execution of high-impact digital and multi-channel programs to empower stakeholders – patients, caregivers, and HCPs- with disease and product education and information through digital channels. We’re looking for a digital leader with demonstrated experience in pharmaceutical/biotech marketing, who is passionate about launching innovative therapies, and will thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and evolving landscape.
About the role: How you will make your impact
- Evolve Digital Experience Team (DXT) strategy, vision, and capabilities as the team prepares for commercialization of multiple products across the EU and US; own the development and execution of a digital strategy roadmap
- Lead, grow, and nurture team of 4+ to deliver integrated experiences, digital analytics and insights across stakeholders and brands
- Lead cross-brand, cross-function and commercial-wide digitally focused initiatives
- Act as subject matter expert and internal thought leader across digital channels – helping to unite strategy, technology, data, and ultimate execution
- Collaborate closely with marketing brand teams and field teams to execute against brand strategies and pull through to integrated experiences across channels; Collaborate closely with Digital IT to enable technology to support the business strategy
- Lead agency partner relationships including digital/ media agencies and partner with brand/functional AOR
- Lead and drive highly targeted digital media and social media strategy, planning, and capabilities across the brands
- Ensure creation and sharing of digital insights across brands/functions and initiatives to maximize digital effectiveness; be a key leader in amplifying bbb’s digital culture
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 12+ years in a digital marketing / multi-channel strategy role
- 5+ years’ experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical brand marketing role - industry experience is a must for this role.
- Proven background in consistently designing and delivering high-impact digital/ customer experience programs
- Deep understanding of core digital tactics, technology, data and how they work together
- Including, but not limited to: Websites, SEO/SEM, Media, Social, CRM, analytics, digital field tools
- Ability to lead, influence, and challenge others in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly matrixed work environment
- Passion for, and experience in, managing teams and helping to develop and grow teams
- Data-driven, strategic thinker and doer who can define a vision and execute against it
- Proven track record with managing agency relationships and partners
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for complex problem solving
- Embody the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.