Senior Associate Scientist I - Analytical Operations (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Senior Associate Scientist I – Analytical Operations (Contract)
This role is for a 12-month contract position.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Development flock is all about getting stuff done and working collaboratively. Whether it’s making sure we’re optimizing broader methods, working collaboratively across the nest, or driving innovation as a unit, we are driven by effective communication, demonstrating positivity in attitude and energy, and the ability to ask questions while supporting one another. The activities of the Analytical Operations group include routine analytics to support process development and clinical manufacturing, method improvement and optimization, method lifecycle management, and investigation support. These responsibilities encompass state-of-the-art techniques for the analysis of lentiviral vectors, hematopoietic stem cells, and immune cells. This is a lab-based role with the potential to collaborate across the broad organization, including Research, Process Development, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Sciences. A technical background including hands-on experience with bioassays, molecular biology, and/or cell biology is highly preferred for this role. Come work with an energetic and enthusiastic group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Senior Associate Scientist I bird reporting to Jessica Townsend, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Support phase-appropriate test method development and qualifications as needed, including the generation of protocols, training of team members, execution of experiments, and generation of reports and presentations.
- Assist in the optimization of test methods and support investigations, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Author SOPs, work instructions, test methods, and forms.
- Support routine analytical testing (bioassay, cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR, and ddPCR) to provide accurate, timely results to cross-functional groups (Research, Process Development, Manufacturing).
- Generate, manage, and analyze data utilizing standard software (ELN, jmp, Excel, etc.) and maintain this data in a highly organized manner.
- Review and evaluate raw data (peer review level).
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Degree (BS/MS) in Biology (or related discipline) with 3-5 years of experience in a biotechnology discipline.
- Experience with cell culture and qPCR is required.
- Experience with ddPCR is preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills are a plus!
- Technical understanding and/or experience with other general lab techniques such as pipetting, and making reagents.
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record and analyze scientific data and prepare reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jmp, Softmax, etc.).
- A strong initiative and scientific mindset with good problem-solving abilities.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Jobs You May Like
Don’t see your dream job here? Apply to Vox Media for future o...
Vox Media, NY, DC, SF, LA, Chi, Remote