Associate Director, Cost Accounting
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Associate Director, Cost Accounting
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Accounting flock is all about taking what we do seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. Whether it’s making sure we successfully close each month or quarter end, supporting the business to help make great decisions, or helping our team and function to grow and develop, we are driven by teamwork and wanting the best for all our birds. Come work with a detail-oriented group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do to winning as a team!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Cost Accounting bird reporting to the Director of Cost Accounting, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Driving and supporting CMO and internal manufacturing finance controls and processes with a continuous improvement methodology.
- Supporting the operational aspects for the Costing and Inventory function, including COGs, Bill of Materials (BOM’s), inventory management & reconciliations, compliance support, and GxP compliance.
- Helping to develop and improve cost accounting models as well as grow and scale our Oracle costing system for SCM platform.
- Managing two direct reports in cost accounting, mentoring and developing them in their careers.
- Successfully partner with pharmaceutical sciences and quality business stakeholders, as well as FP&A and plant operations teams.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in cost accounting, with at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Certifications in Public or Cost Accounting preferred but not required.
- Are experienced in cost accounting for the biotech / pharmaceutical manufacturing industries, or a similarly regulated manufacturing field such as medical device or F&B.
- Are familiar with Oracle SCM or a similar platform.
- Have excellent business partnership and team development skills
- Are excited to work in an ambiguous and rapidly developing team of passionate, data-driven individuals
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one