Manager, Project Management (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Manager, Project Management (Contract)
This role is for a 12-month contract position.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Clinical Development Operations flock is all about getting stuff done while working enthusiastically and collaboratively. As a member of the Clinical Business Operations (CBO) team within the Clinical Development Operations (CDO) department, the person in this role will support the clinical study teams by managing study finances, project reviews, and timelines. We are looking for an innovative professional with the breadth of experience and drive to implement our vision for this function and who can work collaboratively with external partners. Come work with an energetic and enthusiastic group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Manager, Project Management bird reporting to Kate Nabewaniec, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leads multiple projects and priorities focused on clinical trial finance and timelines with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Interface closely with the Clinical Trial Study Manager (CTSM) and all levels of management across a clinical program or study to ensure alignment and accuracy of reporting.
- Prepares project management reports for CDO management and key stakeholders, utilizing MS Project, budget tracking and timeline management tools.
- Facilitates quarterly program reviews to CDO leadership.
- Effectively presents information, responds to questions and facilitates communications regarding critical issues and overall business impacts.
- Responsible for developing detailed clinical study level timelines and budgets and adapting these as studies evolve in order to achieve objectives
- Based on established plans, drive cross functional clinical program and study level teams for accountability, accuracy, risk management, and process improvement for timelines and budget
- Establish cross functional clinical program and study level plans (timelines, budget plan) to ensure success
- Establishes and enforces best practices, accurate record keeping and file maintenance.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- BA/BS in business or science with a minimum of 3-5 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry related experience. MBA and/or PMP Certification a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively with clinical program and study level cross functional teams to achieve results.
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills, ability to anticipate and solve problems, and strong project management, workflow, and process analysis skills.
- Ability to understand, identify, and define budget and timeline drivers for a clinical program or study.
- Experience developing and/or reporting clinical study metrics
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments (eg. MS Teams).
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Able to manage deadlines and competing priorities across several deliverables with concurrent timelines
- Excellent leadership, networking, negotiation and communication skills and ability to influence without authority
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Executive, Named Accounts
Okta, US Remote West Coast; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA;...