Senior Manager, MSAT
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approaches. bluebird bio seeks an outstanding candidate for a critical position within our MSAT organization, focusing on technology transfer, project management, interfacing with CMOs, developing SOPs, and organizational strategy. Candidates for this Senior Manager position should have extensive experience in project management, organizational strategy, CMO support, managing internal/external stakeholders, budgeting, technology transfer, leading cross-functional teams, and delivering complex projects on time. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help guide and support the growth of an MSAT organization, help to develop key capabilities of the organization, and help to support the commercialization of several autologous cell therapies for the treatment of severe genetic diseases.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Serves as Project Manager across MSAT and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Process Sciences
- Responsible for organizing and driving strategic initiatives within the MSAT and HSC Process Sciences organizations to support the growth of teams and the building of organizational capabilities
- Collaborates with CMOs to ensure tech transfers and timelines are met in support of product commercialization and manufacturing
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders (e.g., External Manufacturing and CMC) to ensure timeline and resource alignment with MSAT and HSC Process Sciences
- Willing to step into different roles to support critical activities based on new and rapidly evolving changes to plan
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering discipline and 10+ years of experience for those who have B.S. or M.S. or 5+ years of experience for those who have a Ph.D.
- Extensive experience working on complex projects involving multiple functions
- Extensive experience in advancing strategic initiatives to advance organizational capabilities and growth
- Experience in functional representation or matrix leadership within a cross-functional team
- Track record of creative approaches to problem solving and improving efficiency
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Preferred experience in technology transfer to CMOs
- Ability to adapt and thrive in fast paced, changing environment
- A passion for mentoring, motivating staff
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
File hosting service