Raw Material Planning & Strategy Manager
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
We seek an entrepreneurial and highly motivated supply chain professional with broad raw material planning and sourcing expertise to help build and grow our raw material planning and strategy function. This role will be instrumental in developing the material planning processes and functions to be used throughout the global bluebird bio supply chain. This position works closely with our Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality, and External Suppliers to develop material plans and strategies to ensure materials are available to meet production plans and requirements. Additionally, this role will be responsible for define the appropriate risk mitigation and sourcing strategies to ensure continuity of supply of raw materials required to support bluebird’s global production plans.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Global Supply Chain bird reporting to Director, Supply Chain, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Analyzing and planning material requirements based on manufacturing plans and forecasts. Reschedule orders and requirements by analyzing changes in forecasts, inventory levels, production schedules etc.
- Leading the development and implementation of material planning processes and procedures, and support the implementation of material planning through an Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Partnering with Procurement, Quality and Manufacturing to analyze our material supply chain and implement strategies to mitigate supply risks for critical materials
- Managing and maintaining Bill of Materials for bluebird products.
- Collaboratively evaluating, identifing and implementingappropriate sourcing and inventory strategies for critical raw materials.
- Proactively identify and analyze material supply challenges and opportunities and lead projects to drive improvements
- Following up on open purchase orders, partial shipments, and coordinate the expedited replenishment as required
- Attending routine production planning meetings and provide timely updates on material availability and replenishment to management
- Establishing key performance indicators to analyze and monitor material planning performance such as inventory levels, on-time delivery, raw material shortages, etc.
- Overseeing the material planning requirements of new product transfers
- Leading and managing projects to implement process improvements
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- 5 or more years in a related supply chain/planning/manufacturing role.
- Prior employment at a biotech or pharmaceutical company in similar role.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification preferred.
- Experience managing complex schedules and priorities in dynamic environments.
- Experience in overall planning, with a focus on production and materials planning.
- Experience with cGMP, biologics, cold chain, cell therapy, and/or clinical operations highly preferred.
- Expertise in use of MS Excel, as well as demonstrated proficiencies in Project, Visio, ERP systems and other applications.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
The best bed for better sleep