Sr Director, Oncology Supply Chain & External Manufacturing
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Oncology Technical Development & Operations team at bluebird bio operates with resolute focus to develop, manufacture and supply cell therapies to our patients. This is your chance to help deliver un-incremental change in this emerging field.
bluebird bio seeks an innovative supply chain leader to build capabilities in supply strategy and planning, patient scheduling, logistics, vendor management and external manufacturing oversite. In this hands-on role you will report to the SVP, Oncology Technical Development & Operations and define and shape the supply chain and external manufacturing strategy for bluebirds emerging pipeline.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Building and leading all aspects of oncology supply chain and external manufacturing, including supply and planning strategy, logistics, distribution and trade compliance strategy, vendor management, packaging and artwork development and establish the operational foundation
- Building and overseeing supply chain and manufacturing operations, including: patient scheduling, order management, packaging and artwork, treatment coordination, manufacturing, logistics
- Collaborating with Quality and other stakeholders to establish the QMS to support operations
- Ensuring appropriate oversite of CMOs, packaging and distribution/logistics partners and customs brokers
- Overseeing and lead interactions with external manufacturing partners to assure on-time quality supply
- Creating and driving a robust S&OP process that routinely reviews clinical and commercial demands, alignment with manufacturing capacity, and resulting financials to give a full view of the operational plan and support management decision making
- Leading and concluding contractual negotiations with CMOs, packaging/artwork and logistics providers and customs brokers
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to establish, align and maintain long range strategic assumptions and corresponding supply strategies
- Defining, implementing and analyze key performance metrics and trends to drive supply performance, understanding, and improvements
- Partnering with Finance to develop and implement the necessary business management processes (e.g. month end reporting and reconciliation).
- Attracting, retaining, and developing a team of direct reports to build a high-performing team, with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners remotely.
- Building organizational capability as business grows
- Travel 10-20%
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- A B.S./B.A. with 15+ years relevant industry experience. Advanced degrees desirable.
- Prior employment at a biotech or pharmaceutical company in similar role
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing and implementing outsourced manufacturing.
- Well versed in all supply chain (supply planning, distribution & logistics, trade compliance, S&OP, life cycle management)
- Track record of developing, negotiating, and administering clinical and/or commercial contract manufacturing agreements.
- Proven ability to lead teams and develop individuals or Effective leadership and people management skills and track record in building high performing teams
- Good understanding of GMPs and GDPs is required
- Ability and track record of successfully managing biologics programs through clinical development to commercial
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience in cost management and business to business contract negotiation
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one