Director, Patient Advocacy, Sickle Cell Disease
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Patient Advocacy flock is all about working collaboratively within bluebird and externally with our patient communities. Whether it’s making sure we’re building strong relationships with patients, educating bluebirds about challenges faced by a certain population, or representing bluebird to regulators and community organizations, we are driven by a passion for true partnership. Come work with a flockin’ awesome group of birds that loves rising to the challenge!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Patient Advocacy bird reporting to the VP, Patient Advocacy, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading patient advocacy and community engagement for the Sickle Cell Disease program.
- Driving the development of strong relationships at bluebird as well as with the patient community
- Helping to develop bluebird’s understanding of challenges faced by our patients and how we can best help address them, ultimately building trust and furthering bluebird’s position as a true partner.
- Working with cross-functional state field teams (Government Affairs, Medical, Marketing) to implement a grassroots strategy of multi-stakeholder involvement including community organizations, HCP, clinical trial, and legislation.
- Successfully represent bluebird to external events, regulator programs, community organizations, and stay abreast of new developments and ideas across patient advocacy.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Are experienced in thoughtful, intentional engagement with multicultural communities, especially Black and Latinx communities, and an understanding of the relevant health inequities faced by these communities - ideally within rare disease, hemoglobinopathies, or a similar space.
- Have a bachelor’s degree at minimum, advanced degree desired, with 10+ years of experience in patient advocacy across biopharma, non-profit advocacy, and related specialities.
- Are familiar with industry rules and regulations, how to champion the perspectives of a broad range of stakeholders, and how to effectively communicate and influence.
- Have excellent communication, listening, EQ, and relationship development skills
- This will be a remote position both during COVID-19 and moving forward as we return to the nest; eventually, travel up to 30% will be required for this position.
- Must be adaptable to change and comfortable in an environment that is more prone to change than not!
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Help the world share their story
Jobs You May Like
Program Coach, MLT Ascend College Program
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, or Washington, DC