Global Medical Director TDT
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The bluebird bio Medical Affairs and Patient Advocacy flock is driven by our responsibility to patients, our engaging science, and our opportunity to help the scientific community understand what bluebird is working on. Medical Affairs birds serve as a trusted and reliable source of information about bluebird’s science to healthcare providers around the world, and we come from nests throughout the U.S. and Europe. Through scientific and medical communications, we link the innovative science from our labs to the patient waiting in the clinic. As a growing flock, we move quickly and with a sense of urgency that reflects our commitment to people suffering from severe genetic diseases and cancer - but we remember to support each another and have fun doing it!
Reporting to the Global Medical Lead TDT, the Global Medical Director, TDT will be instrumental in shaping and executing the medical strategy for bluebird bio’s gene therapy program in transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia. The Global Medical Director will run and supervise key medical initiatives and act as an internal medical/scientific consultant, supporting core Medical Affairs functions like medical information, real-world evidence generation, publications, communications and training. In this role, you will also lead KOL engagements and advisory boards and execute medical research programs.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As our Medical Director, TDT reporting to our Global Medical Lead, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Developing and being responsible for the medical insights and perspectives from multiple stakeholders and medical research components of the Global Medical Affairs strategic plan for LentiGlobin in transfusion-development beta-thalassemia (TDT)
- Leading the US Lentiglobin TDT Medical Affairs initiatives and programs and actively partners with EU and other regional Medical Affairs Heads to ensure seamless execution of key activities in close teamwork with other global functions
- Partnering with other core Medical functions and regional Medical leads to ensure alignment and execution of the strategic plan
- Developing and leads external advisory boards and KOL engagement activities to understand community perceptions of TDT care and inform development and lifecycle management strategies for LentiGlobin in TDT
- Being accountable and responsible for the benefit risk assessment in relation to Medical Affairs evidence generation and activities
- Staying abreast of internal and external developments, trends and other dynamics to maintain a fully current view and perspectives of external influence
- Providing medical-scientific training to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Identifying core research topics for data generation that can help inform clinical decision making; partners to develop and execute medical research studies
- Providing medical & clinical expertise and input for market access, brand and lifecycle strategies within the organization
- Supporting drafting and final writing of protocols for Medical Affairs studies
- Assisting in the preparation and review of regulatory documents for BLA and MAA filings in support of the TDT program
- Supporting the review and certification of related clinical content material development for medical education, medical communication, publications and KOL engagement plans
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Possess an MD with at least 5 years working in Medical Affairs; experience in rare disease preferred
- Have experience overseeing the development and execution of Medical Affairs strategic plans in collaboration with regional Medical Affairs partners
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to anticipate and adapt to change; Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with cross-functional partners
- Have the ability to understand and assess complicated scientific and medical concepts, and review related materials for accuracy; Experience effectively communicating scientific and medical information to individuals and groups from various levels and functions of an organization
- Have experience and prior involvement in MAA and BLA filings, post-filings and pre-/post-approval related activities is a plus
- Prior Medical Monitor experience is a plus
- Are able to work independently, yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment
- Are ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.