Analytical Operations Team Lead
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. The activities of the Analytical Operations group include routine analytics to support process development and clinical manufacturing, method improvement and optimization, method lifecycle management, and investigation support. These responsibilities encompass state-of-the-art techniques for the analysis of lentiviral vectors, mRNA gene editing constructs, and immune cells. This is a lab-based role with the potential to collaborate across the broad organization, including Research, Process Development, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Sciences. A technical background including hands-on experience with bioassays, molecular biology, and/or cell biology is preferred for this role.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Plan and schedule routine testing required of the group based on priority
- Attend cross-functional meetings to relay information and gather input from other departments
- Author and/or revise SOPs, work instructions, test methods, and forms.
- Support routine analytical testing (bioassay, cell culture, flow cytometry, and qPCR) to provide accurate, timely results to cross-functional groups (Research, Process Development, Manufacturing).
- Generate, manage, and analyze data utilizing standard software (ELN, jmp, Excel, etc.) and maintain this data in a highly organized manner
- Perform general lab maintenance and upkeep, including maintaining key analytical equipment
- Review and evaluate raw data (peer review level).
- Manage up to 3 direct reports including responsibility for their continued development
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BS/MS in Biology (or related discipline) with 5-7 years of experience in a biotechnology discipline.
- Track record of managing and mentoring lab personnel
- Experience with cell culture, qPCR, and ELISAs is preferred.
- Technical understanding and experience with general lab techniques such as pipetting and making reagents.
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record and analyze scientific data and prepare reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jmp, Softmax, etc.).
- A strong initiative and scientific mindset with good problem-solving abilities.
- Superb organizational, analytical, and communications skills.
- A “do-what-it-takes” attitude and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- A passion for addressing the critical unmet medical needs of patients.
- Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
- (Work style qualification ex: comfortable with ambiguity, managed a scaling organization)
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.