Project Manager, Tech Transfer/Capital Projects/Operational Excellence
Bluebird Bio, Durham, North Carolina, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approaches. bluebird bio seeks a Project Manager at our new manufacturing facility, bluebird Research Triangle (bRT), in North Carolina. This bird will manage projects that align with strategic objectives of the site, including Commercial/Clinical Tech Transfers, Capital projects, and Operational Excellence improvements and will report to the Associate Director, Operational Excellence & Project Management. Our 125,000 square foot facility will produce lentiviral vector for our gene and cell therapies, including treatments for multiple myeloma and other Oncology products. The site is large enough to accommodate significant potential future expansion.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Manage projects that align with the strategic objectives of the site, which include Commercial and Clinical Tech Transfers, Capital projects, and Operational Excellence Improvements
• Develop and maintain integrated site project plans to identify and communicate interdependencies as well as critical path activities
• Draft and issue routine site and external communication with project updates
• Summarize and effectively communicate with team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects, as well as ensure team members are aware of integrated project timelines
• Facilitate team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, complex problem solving, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives
• Drive project schedule adherence, proactive resolution of risks to avoid schedule delays, problem solving of root causes of schedule delays and ensure implementation of corrective actions
• Support implementation of the site vision for operational excellence, including 5S, Leader Standard Work, Visual Controls, Risk Management, Change Management, Value Stream Mapping, Tiered Meeting Structure, and Strategy Deployment
• Facilitate and own risk assessments
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BS in a scientific discipline with 7+ years of industry experience
• Experience working in commercial and clinical GMP manufacturing
• Lean Six Sigma certification or equivalent is preferred, with a track record of implementing systems, problem solving and continuous improvement.
• Experience with a new facility startup and/or process technology transfers
• Cross-functional knowledge of systems and operational requirements across Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Facilities/Maintenance, Engineering, MSAT, EH&S and IT
• Knowledge and proficiency of MS Project, MS Visio, and the Microsoft Office Suite
• In-depth expertise in program and project management principles and best practices
• PMP Preferred
• Must be willing to have a flexible schedule to support 24x7 manufacturing activities. The role will be based in Durham, NC. Travel to Cambridge, MA, is expected to be <10%
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.