Senior Associate Scientist, CAR/TCR-T In Vitro Safety
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic Preclinical and Translational Development team by contributing to the overall success of our cellular immunotherapy programs. The team is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to support CAR/TCR-T cell pre-clinical research. Cellular therapy has the promise of being transformative for oncology indications and this opportunity will allow the candidate to be at the cutting edge of science. We are looking for motivated, inquisitive, and passionate team members who are seeking an opportunity to learn, grow, and impact patients with solid or liquid tumors.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Preclinical and Translational Development bird reporting to a Senior Scientist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Designing, leading and executing in vitro immunological and functional assays to characterize CAR/transgenic TCR-T cells and test their safety and specificity
- Contributing to experimental design and project direction
- Driving TCR-T and CAR-T cell safety and de-risking experiments
- Culturing cancer cells and primary normal cells to use in functional assays
- Being accountable for data analysis and presentation to functional teams
- Providing critical lab support while working in a collaborative team environment
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- BS/MS cell biology, immunology or related discipline with 6+ years’ experience in immunology. Cancer immunology a plus.
- Expertise with mammalian cell culture, especially primary T cells, primary cells from other tissues, and tumor cell lines.
- Expertise in standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, cytotoxicity, T cell proliferation).
- Experience in transfection/transduction techniques.
- Competency in basic molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with 3D cancer/normal cell models (i.e. spheroids, organoids) is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint), FlowJo, and Graphpad.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.