Bluebird Bio, Durham, North Carolina, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
We seek an entrepreneurial and highly motivated materials management professional with broad materials management, warehousing and logistics expertise to help build and grow our materials management function. This role will lead a team of warehouse technicians who perform core warehouse operations, including the receipt, storage and delivery of raw materials to support manufacturing operations. Additionally, this position will work to enable the team to package and ship product to other facilities within the bluebird bio supply chain.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
- Lead and support the execution of the GMP operations in the Warehouse area, including all associated processes and procedures.
• Support the improvement of the Oracle SCM implementation for warehouse and inventory management.
• Lead the team that performs warehouse operations, including receiving, storage, shipment, inventory management, and order processing of all materials for the site (product raw materials, consumables, office supplies, etc.).
• Develop and coach warehouse technicians on an ongoing basis.
• Collaborate with material planning personnel to ensure effective management of raw materials supply to support in-house manufacturing operations.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are accurate, current, and effective across applicable warehouse operations.
• Ensure appropriate training curricula are developed and maintained for warehouse personnel and ensure that personnel training requirements remain current.
• Effectively plan, schedule, and prioritize warehouse operations.
• Ensure that all documentation and system transactions are completed in a timely manner and is accurate via Good Documentation Practices.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Quality Assurance in supporting in-house manufacturing operations, and resolution of issues.
• Work closely with Manufacturing and Quality to continually improve all aspects of operations.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 8 or more years in a related materials management / warehousing role.
• Prior employment at a biotech or pharmaceutical company in similar role.
• APICS Certification preferred.
• Experience managing complex schedules and priorities in dynamic environments.
• Experience with cGMP, biologics, cold chain, cell therapy, and/or clinical operations highly preferred.
• Expertise in use of MS Excel, as well as demonstrated proficiencies in Project, Visio, ERP systems and other applications.
• Experience with ERP systems, Oracle preferred.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
• Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Sweat in good company