Scientist, T cell Immunology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
bluebird bio’s Oncology Research group identifies and develops novel strategies that enhance anti-tumor T cell activity through synthetic biology and genetic engineering. The successful candidate will use their expertise in T cell immunology to work collaboratively to deliver transformative medicines to patients with unmet medical needs. If you crave innovation, embrace new challenges and strive to solve tough problems - come join us! We are a team that works, learns, and grows together - and we're eager to start co-creating with you!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Oncology Research bird reporting to a Senior Scientist, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Running established assays aimed at assessing T cell function and phenotypic characterization
- Developing and optimizing new assays to explore and understand the anti-tumor activity of engineered T cells
- Conceiving, designing and executing experiments that answer critical biological questions and test well-thought out hypotheses
- Analyzing, interpreting and presenting studies that provide the scientific basis for making data-driven decisions
- Collaborating with other scientists to develop novel strategies aimed at improving T cell based immunotherapy
- Mentoring associate scientists as they navigate the scientific method and provide them with guidance on career development opportunities
- Representing the Oncology Research team in a variety of cross-functional forums to provide feedback on scientific strategy, experimental priorities, and timelines
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- PhD in immunology or related discipline with 2+ years of experience. Cancer immunology a plus.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, including tumor cell lines and primary human cells (human T cell culture preferred)
- Expertise in standard immunological techniques (e.g. flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex, cytotoxicity, CFSE proliferation, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques (cloning, cell line engineering, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing, a plus
- Experience with FlowJo and Graphpad Prism. Geneious, a plus
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines, and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Good problem-solving skills with ability and experience to troubleshoot complex technical and scientific problems
- Strong ability to present data in a variety of team settings and actively participate in departmental meetings as well as cross-functional area research teams
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.