Scientist I, Oncology Analytical Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Operations (AO) flock is all about working collaboratively and getting the stuff done. Whether it’s testing samples to support our partner teams, lifecycle management of methods, or supporting tech transfers and investigations, we are driven by the ultimate goal of delivering therapies that transform the lives of patients. Come work with a talented, dedicated, and compassionate group of birds that loves rising to the challenge as much as we enjoy collaborating with a team of likeminded scientists!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Analytical Operations Oncology bird reporting to the lead of the Analytical Operations Oncology - Drug product assays, Analytical Development, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading routine testing for LVV-based gene and cell (CAR T/TCR) therapy programs using established cell-based Immunoassays with a focus on Flow Cytometry readouts.
- Authoring analytical test methods/protocols and reports.
- Leading internal and external transfer activities of Cell-based Immunoassays and supporting our
- Method Development and Qualification Team with assay qualifications/validations.
- Implementing best practices for Flow Cytometry and Cell-based Immunoassays.
- Working cross-functionally with internal groups to support their analytical needs in regard to Flow Cytometry based Immunoassays, including but not limited to developing and optimizing Flow Cytometry panels for characterization testing and supporting analysis and interpretation of Cytometry data.
- Leading a small group of associate scientists, mentoring/managing their daily activities, providing technical leadership and managing multiple projects.
- Communicating scientific data and concepts effectively through presentations, protocols, test methods and reports. May contribute to the writing and review of regulatory submissions
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Have a Ph.D in Immunology, Virology, Cell Biology or related field; post-doctoral or industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Have 4+ years of Flow Cytometry experience (including but not limited to experimental design and execution, panel design and development, data analysis and flow analyzer operation and maintenance)
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as FlowJo, FCS Express or Diva
- Have a strong background in immunology and/or T-cell biology with 2+ years of hands-on cell-based immunoassay experience (such as T-cell stimulation, co-culture assays and lentiviral transductions, among others)
- Are interested in managing, mentoring, and training direct report(s)
- Have excellent organizational, analytical, communication and scientific writing skills
- Are a highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant USP/ICH/EU regulations and GxP experience in a CMC group in analytical method development a plus
- Are a creative thinker with ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, thrive in a cross-functional environment and drive projects to successful outcomes.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.