Associate Scientist II – Protein Sciences, Analytical Development (Contract)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
Associate Scientist II – Analytical Development (Contract)
This role is for a 12-month contract position.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Development flock is all about working collaboratively. Whether it’s performing characterization testing of our Lentiviral vectors in support of regulatory submissions or characterizing the in-process samples and quantify the residuals to support the process development, we are driven by a genuine desire to provide superior analytics for our drug substance/product. Come work with our amazing flock of birds who enjoy new challenges and are not afraid of operating instruments to do some troubleshooting (our team enjoys this the most!)
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Associate Scientist II bird reporting to a Scientist I, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Performing routine analytical testing on large molecules using techniques such as Chromatography, Capillary Electrophoresis, Gels, Westerns and ELISA’s to generate data supporting regulatory submissions.
- Generating, analyzing, maintaining, and reviewing data in a highly organized manner, including electronic lab notebook maintenance.
- Performing general lab maintenance and upkeep, including ordering laboratory supplies.
- Performing maintenance and troubleshooting of key laboratory analytical equipment as needed.
- Assisting in the execution of phase-appropriate test method development, optimization, qualification, transfer, and life cycle management.
- Other related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- BS/MS in Biochemistry (or related discipline) with 1-4 years of experience in large/small molecule analysis.
- Experience with Chromatography, Electrophoresis, ELISA’s and Particle sizing techniques.
- Experience with general wet chemistry lab techniques such as making reagents, and pipetting.
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office systems sufficient to record and analyze scientific data and prepare reports (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jmp, etc.).
- Superb organizational, analytical, and communications skills and passion to learn new techniques.
- A “how-can-I-help” and “do-what-it-takes” attitude and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.