Senior Manager, Marketing, Global Commercial Training & Effectiveness
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA USA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative flock and contribute to the overall success of our pioneering gene therapy approach and make a transformative impact on the lives of patients with severe genetic disease. As part of the nest, you will fly at the cutting edge of science and commercialization practice and help us build and lead a field force effectiveness practice that enables patient success through high-science, patient-focused, professional field force execution.
In this role you will develop, with the Director of Training, the global commercial training and effectiveness function for the Commercial Team. This will include: disease, product, and stakeholder interaction capabilities training, as well as other trainings for the Commercial Team. The Senior Manager of Commercial Training and Effectiveness will have responsibility for on-the-ground execution and deployment of training experiences in the US and Europe.
About the Role:
- Assist in the development and execution of comprehensive strategic and tactical plans to support the short- and long-term objectives of the Sales, Marketing, Patient Services, and Access and Value Teams. This includes responsibility for implementation and continuous improvement to the following work streams:
- New hire training programs and curriculum
- Continuing education with ongoing learning programs
- Advanced training for ongoing learning of product and disease knowledge and stakeholder interaction capabilities
- Assist in the definition and development of core competencies and create tools, curriculum and initiatives to support them.
- Assist in the development of field-based training programs including field coaching, and field assessment.
- Responsible for the development of classroom training programs including stakeholder interaction capabilities as well as disease and product education via live training experiences, e-learning modules, WebEx, etc.
- Establish and implement key metrics to track and communicate level of value and impact of sales training and development initiatives to all stakeholders.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to ensure appropriate integration of sales and marketing materials into all new hire and ongoing learning training programs
- Manage, design and deliver sales training materials for all commercial meetings in close coordination with Sales, Marketing and Human Resources.
- Select, develop, and manage relationships with key agency partners
- Provide a high level of strategic analysis and planning with the ability to work with and manage demands and expectations from multiple internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree in life science required, advanced business or science degree preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical/biotech experience, with at least 3 years leading national home-office based training for field force and field effectiveness coaching
- Experience is rare disease is preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and organizational leadership tp effectively manage multiple projects/priorities including budgeting and actual spend again budget is required.
- Launch experience preferred, US & EU experience preferred
- Intense curiosity, collaborative spirit, empathy, and pension for problem solving
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to champion change and drive innovative thinking
- Ability to lead and challenge others in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- Ensure that all training programs are consistent with, and supporting of, company legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Embody, the principles of bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
- This position is based in Cambridge with 30-40% travel to the EU.
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Demand Generation & Marketing Operations
Greenhouse, New York, Anywhere within United States
Senior Manager, Digital Strategy and Execution
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA USA
Content Marketing Manager
Shape Security, Mountain View
Digital Editorial Intern
XO Group, New York
Programmatic Advertising Analyst
DraftKings, Boston, MA