- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Be a key contributor on major projects owned by the Platform & Infrastructure tribe, such as: Building out our gRPC services in Go, leveraging the GCP to operate our services effectively at scale; Building out our Go infrastructure, including expanding our use of Go and developing shared libraries to facilitate Go development; Further defining our infrastructure automation and enhancing our CI/CD.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and cross-functional engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Evangelize Bluecore Engineering internally and externally, including leading initiatives to promote Bluecore Engineering in the wider community.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Lead company-wide technical strategy and decisions, and facilitate progress by building consensus amongst Senior Engineering Leadership and Company Leadership. Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire Engineering organization.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Significant programming expertise with statically-typed languages, preferably Go. Use of performance optimization tools and past experience in a SRE function is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or technology space. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, E-mail, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term development plans, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Bluecore is the leading Decisioning Platform for Commerce, powering unique interactions by unifying customer and catalog data. At Bluecore, we are empowering the world’s top retail marketing organizations to take meaningful, immediate action on data through the creation of highly targeted audiences for multi-channel use.
Want to learn more about Bluecore? Visit Bluecore's website.
Help the world share their story
Tech Jobs For You
Quality Systems Manager, Quality Assurance (2seventy bio)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States