Real Estate & Strategy Manager
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is looking for a Real Estate & Strategy Manager to help meet the demands of our aggressive new store opening plan.
As the Real Estate & Strategy Manager, you’ll be an integral part of our collaborative and close-knit team that’s helping to redefine how people shop by combining clicks and bricks. Reporting to the Director of Real Estate & Strategy, you'll be responsible for managing our real estate portfolio and acting as the point person for all things real estate-related, from the initial negotiation phase through lease execution and beyond.
What you'll do...
- Identify and analyze potential target markets for site selection in conjunction with our Real Estate & Strategy Associate and coordinate efficient and educational market tours
- Create, manage and maintain a robust real estate pipeline in order to establish an inventory of the best locations in all target markets
- Continue to improve processes associated with forecasting and tracking deals for all potential sites
- Manage the day-to-day pipeline activity, including monitoring and reporting on pipeline progress, pipeline financials, negotiating initial and counter offers, and assisting all stakeholders with project roadblocks
- Coordinate with all internal and external real estate partners (including brokers, consultants, outside counsel and landlords, and internal legal, construction, finance, marketing and operations teams) throughout the lease negotiation and store buildout processes
- Work with the Real Estate & Strategy Associate through the real estate committee approval processes to effectively present and communicate on all potential locations
- Partner with Real Estate & Strategy Associate, as well as various teams across brands, to analyze store and market performance and incorporate all findings into the site selection process
- Collaborate with Lease Administrator to respond to critical lease-related notices, including commencement date agreements, renewals, estoppels, landlord notices and other related documents
- Are disciplined and process-oriented with the strong communication skills needed to be the go-to person for all issues relating to expanding the portfolio’s footprint
- Thrive in a team setting and are an effective collaborator in a transparent and highly communicative atmosphere
- Have at least 3+ years of experience working on the real estate team for a retail company or a real estate consulting firm, including extensive experience leading site selection and lease negotiating processes
- Have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Are an expert at Excel and Powerpoint
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build and improve internal processes and best practices/policies
- Are excited to spend extensive time on the road
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often over experience
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Don't believe in fire drills (except literal ones - they save lives)
- Wear a lot of hats and value self-starters and initiatives
- Believe that if you're not measuring it, you can't influence it
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Information Security
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
Customer Success Intern (Summer 2019)
Icertis, Bellevue, Washington
Senior Success Consultant
Werkzeugmechaniker (m/w/d) Formenbau
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Senior Project Manager
Nurx, Syracuse, NY