VP of Technology
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is seeking an established, forward thinking, entrepreneurial spirited, and results-focused Vice President of Technology.
As the VP of Technology, you will be responsible for establishing and implementing the technical strategy for Bonobos. This individual will lead our Engineering, IT and Data Science teams to build a state of the art technology experience across ecommerce and our Guideshop locations In this role, you will be responsible for engineering, hardware, software, systems, and telecommunications (to name a few). You'll oversee the creation, development, and design of the organization’s technical teams and products.
The VP of Technology will be a leader who is passionate about technology and has a strong desire to drive our platform to new heights for both our internal team and our customers. This person should have impeccable communication skills and an analytical mind - knowing how to work with both developers and non-technical stakeholders. Additionally, this leader should be excited to create a strong technology culture while setting a technical vision, and working cross-functionally with various teams. This position would be the most technical leader within the organization and would report directly to one of the Co-Presidents of Bonobos.
What you'll do…
- Build and lead a high performance organization, approximately 25-35 people, that exemplifies innovation and operational excellence
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and growing
- Develop the managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Set the vision, define the plan, and create a roadmap for our technical infrastructure across all systems
- Define vision, design, and drive team execution
- Oversee the architecture of all of our technical systems, including the maintenance of all architectural components and standards
- Ensure cross-team alignment with technology, product and business stakeholders
- Guide your team to plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations to deliver high quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Establish a high degree of visibility and transparency of software release efforts across numerous development teams
- As the key leader of the technical organization, foster and shape the technical culture of the departments (Engineering, IT, and Data Science)
Our technologies are...
- Product Engineering: React, Redux, ES6+, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, redis (cache & queue), PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Heroku, iOS (Swift), and AWS SQS/S3
- Data Science: Python, Redshift, postgreSQL, Luigi
- IT: AWS, Windows & Mac servers, Cisco networking equipment, Jamf, MDM, DNS, multihomed vlans, segmentation, PCI and security
How our teams work...
- We are strategic, initiative-based teams which allow the opportunity for technical leadership and involvement in the product ideation
- We code-review everything which allows us to transfer knowledge and reduce outages
- We have a blameless culture, where we learn from our mistakes -- close the gap in the system that allowed the mistake to occur, without introducing too much overhead
- We rely on our tools: writing automated tests, using logs/error reporting to gain information, making product decisions based on customer information, verifying new experiences through split testing, automating repetitive manual tasks
- We iterate: no single process/structure is right for every single team. As things change and when we identify pain points, we test out a new approach
- Have 15+ years of experience building and managing technology teams that deliver, optimize, and scale high traffic web applications
- Are experienced with leading technology teams, including managing, recruiting, developing, and scaling Technology Talent and Culture
- Might have Rails experience and may have at some point worked with Spree... this is a plus!
- Must be technically credible to guide teams of world-class engineers and be able to make the right technology choices
- Must be credible with partner-stakeholders (software engineering, product managers, design) for strong team and results-oriented delivery
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at the senior leadership level
- Are able to meet deadlines, define timetables, balance multiple priorities, and manage projects to completion
- Have fantastic interpersonal skills and enjoy collaborative ideation and working within teams to solve problems
- Have rapidly scaled both a product and a team while maintaining high quality, and are passionate about diversity and inclusion when it comes to hiring and retaining your team members
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan (If you are not… we will bring you here)
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Security
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Systems Software Developer - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Manager, Vehicle Safety
Zoox, San Carlos, CA
Engineer - Brake Systems
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
IT Operations Engineer
SendGrid, Denver, Irvine
Senior Front End Engineer
Movable Ink , Movable Ink - NYC