Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is looking for a Fabric Assistant to offer support to the Fabric R&D and Design teams, while also supporting the fabric development/testing/quality process.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
What you'll do...
- Coordinate mill meetings/appointments for NY office visits
- Coordinate schedules for trade shows: Milano Unica, Premiere Vision, ISPO, Pitti Filati, Outdoor Retailer
- Manage fabric inquiry process with mills – handle communication for fabric pricing, lead times, minimums, available sample yardage, custom colors/finish inquiries, counter requests, obtain fabric detail sheets
- Elevate potential quality issues
- Review and request development counters
- Request fabric testing for quality, performance metrics, product safety claims, etc. per guidance provided
- Distribute mill packages when received, review and organize price lists/fabric details
- Maintain fabric library
- Have 2 -3 years experience with fabric sourcing/development
- Knowledgeable of men’s fabric development and knit and woven fabric construction (must have understanding of men's luxury tailored)
- Have well-developed communication (written & verbal), organizational skills, and detail orientation
- Are resourceful, hands-on with a sense of urgency, and have great time management with ability to multi-task
- Are proficient in Excel, MS office
- Have experience communicating with European and Asian fabric mills
- Are Able to work in a team environment and possess a great attitude
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (flex PTO!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, and awesome coworkers that feel like family
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.