Technical Design Manager
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is seeking a stellar Technical Design Manager who can jump right in and own specific categories within our expanding brand portfolio.
We are a rapidly growing brand, expanding into all product categories and developing new product lines. This role is essential to the success of our brand, as fit and quality are integral to our continued growth. You will be deep in the trenches of executing fit and design intent into development and bulk production, while maintaining our quality and production standards. You will develop and maintain fit protocol and standards for Bonobos and manage bi-weekly fittings across specific product categories. You will partner with our Production, Merchandising and Design teams in managing timelines, aesthetic, and quality of product.
What you'll do...
- Manage styles in your product categories through all stages: from initial development through bulk production
- Maintain daily communication with your product vendors
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Merchandising teams to develop new styles each season
- Conduct fittings, troubleshoot fit issues, and communicate all fit, construction, grade, and detail issues to vendors in a timely manner
- Manage the development and maintenance of specs, grades, fit comments, and other relevant info in our PLM system
- Develop and maintain consistent grade rules within product categories
- Review PP and TOP samples to insure bulk garments are consistent with original development
- Have 5-6 years of experience in technical design
- Possess a working knowledge of patterns, pattern making, and garment construction, with experience in communicating pattern and construction corrections
- Can communicate with offshore vendors in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Have the chops to measure out samples, update tech packs and send out feedback after fittings
- Are crazy organized with strong follow-up skills, ability to maintain calendar dates and track samples
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy, and positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, and awesome coworkers
- Care deeply about high-quality design and creating a high-performing business, and see the two as completely intertwined
- Are excited to hear from you!
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer, BuzzFeed News
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, and ...