Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is seeking a razor sharp Merchandising Assistant for our rapidly growing business that is one part tech, one part fashion, and all parts fun.
As a Merchandising Assistant, you will work with the Merchandising team to dig into the details of our historic and current selling to meaningfully inform the future direction of our business. This position will also work closely with the Production, Planning, Design, Wholesale and Operations teams. And, the pace around here can get pretty wild, so the ability to keep up and keep calm is of the utmost importance...plus, it makes everything more fun when you combine the fast-pace with awesome colleagues that are constantly collaborating.
You will work closely with our Merchandisers to provide support to multiple objectives, including product knowledge sessions, sample management and even department wide meetings. As part of our team, your mission will be the same as everyone else at the company – to provide the best men’s shopping experience in the world.
What you'll do...
- Assist in the development, execution and communication of a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals for each season
- Analyze weekly sales data and have the opportunity to regularly contribute in weekly sales meetings
- Assist the merchandising team with line assortment for upcoming seasons
- Be responsible for creating and managing styles in our databases
- Be responsible for creating line sheets and managing cross-functional pass-offs with production and design teams
- Manage samples for not only assortment but also in-season presentations
- Partner with our production and operations teams to help track our product
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom Merchandisers to ensure product is prepared for launch and represented accurately on site
- Stay up to date on market trends and competitive by comp shopping
- Partner with wholesale team to ensure accurate line pass-offs and sample sharing
- Have a Bachelor's degree and an interest in retail buying and/or merchandising
- 0-3 years experience in relevant merchandising field a plus
- Are excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Have the analytical ability to synthesize data from different systems to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight
- Have the attention to detail to work in various systems and databases to input information regarding future styles that informs how they get made
- Will work towards ownership of a key category through executing on company goals
- Will be given the opportunity to have your voice be heard and your opinions taken seriously
- Should be creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
The best bed for better sleep