Data Analytics Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer who is hungry to make the company more empirical and customer-centric as a member of the Data Products and Insights team.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As our Data Analytics Engineer, you can look forward to rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data to help build and maintain an infrastructure that everyone can rely on. This role will be responsible for blending our transactional data with 3rd party sources into an analytical layer that serves as Bonobos’ source of truth. You will also be working with our Business Intelligence tool, Looker, which includes developing and supporting both self-service and automated reporting for the company. You will be partnering with Analysts, Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to build out capabilities that make an impact across the business.
What you’ll do…
- Translate business intelligence requirements into performant data models, data visualizations, and/or automated dashboard reporting
- Surface critical data, insights and performance metrics as well as build long term solutions that help drive our strategy forward
- Work cross-functionally with technical leaders across the business to become the guru on understanding how our data is being collected and used throughout the business
- Be instrumental in the design and implementation of transformation scripts to mold our data into a flexible, analytical data mart that can be the basis of future business analysis
- Maintain, update and refactor data warehouse architecture as needed to continually optimize system performance
- Triage ad-hoc data issues as they arise while contributing to testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Have 2-5 years of experience in a business intelligence, data analysis or data engineering role
- Are fluent in SQL and can create performant data models in redshift
- Have worked with large volumes of clickstream data and data aggregators (Segment, Mixpanel, etc)
- Have experience with at least one programming language (our team uses Python)
- Have experience developing and maintaining data warehouses, working with e-commerce and/or retail companies a huge plus
- Have worked with business intelligence tools such as Looker, GoodData, Tableau, or Mode Analytics
- Are able to understand and contribute to production data pipeline infrastructure codebase (Luigi, Airflow, etc)
- Can easily and clearly communicate with Analysts, Engineers and Business Stakeholders all in the same hour
- Have experience working on a scrum team in an agile environment
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Are an apparel company that wholeheartedly embraces and is built on technology
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel and operate like a championship team
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit Bonobos's website.
File hosting service
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager, Dependability [Availability Prediction] (Sen...
Instacart, San Francisco, CA - Remote