Assistant Store Manager, 5th Ave
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is seeking an experienced Assistant Store Manager who can help lead our team of Guides to provide the best in-person shopping experience to our awesome clientele in our 5th Ave Flagship. Are you up for the challenge?
What’s the opportunity? Bonobos is opening Guideshop locations in some of our favorite cities and we are looking for a dynamic leader to manage our 5th Ave Flagship team on a full-time basis.
Hmm…sounds interesting. What’s a Guide, exactly? A Guide is what we call a fashion-conscious, service-oriented, incentive driven, sales powerhouse. Guides bring their knowledge of our product and brand to the forefront and complete the package deal with their love for style, passion for quality and insistence on top-tier service. They fully understand and appreciate the importance of our customer's happiness and are willing to get innovative to ensure the customer has the best shopping experience possible. Our one-on-one, appointment based experience, offers customers both an alternative and complementary service to our web-driven mode. Don't think traditional retail; what we're building you haven't seen before. Check it out in more detail here.
What’s cool about this job? As the Assistant Guideshop Manager, you are a critical leadership partner and "co-pilot” to the Guideshop Manager and someone the store team can rely on for guidance and growth. You will partner with your Guideshop Manager to create a highly productive environment in which customers have an extraordinary experience, employees are able to do their best, and the business thrives. You are primarily accountable for developing and maintaining staff selling and relationship building skills, in to addition to day-to-day operations of running a successful business.
Okay, now I’m intrigued. Who are you looking for?
- Are self-motivated and confident in your ability to network
- Have sales experience or simply understand the power of generating leads
- Love making people happy and want to help everyone feel great
- Have experience managing and mentoring a team
- Believe in leading by example and likewise, exude a leadership as service mentality
- Tell strangers on the street that their tag is showing
- Can create, present and sell ideas for fit parties to outside groups and businesses
- Know or want to learn as much as possible about men's fashion, fabrics, styles, fits and more
- Are excited to recruit, train, motivate and inspire as a large piece of your day-to-day responsibilities to your team
- Have, at some point in life, worn clothes and thus have a basic understanding of how they work
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy - often over career experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are committed to building a unique, fun and successful shopping experience through our Guide team
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.