Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is (proudly) the largest born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, and have since expanded to 30 locations across the country (and growing!). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
Our goal is to create experiences online that lead to surprise and delight offline in our Guideshop locations - and vice-versa. For example, we'd love to have customers' online wishlist items ready for them when they arrive, or build an app that continues the Guideshop experience when the customer leaves the store.
Our team is a scrappy group of 13 engineers who are responsible for a 9-figure business that is growing 40% year-over-year. We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We practice code reviews, automated testing and pair programming when needed. We deploy to production several times a day.
What you’ll do...
- Work on a cross-functional team of other engineers (frontend, backend, ios, and full-stack), a product manager and a designer
- Help us make the move from Backbone to React/Redux and PostCSS
- Work on our production application – a Rails and Postgres app running on Heroku
- Ship new experiences to our customers via A/B tests
- Deploy to code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Have seen what works well and what doesn’t work well in frontend codebases
- Like being part of small team with designers, PMs, frontend, backend, and full stack engineers
- Don't consider yourself a "Rails" Developer, a "Python" Developer etc...you know the fundamentals and you're comfortable working in a variety of languages
- A collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- A team that takes pride in our work and shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- A competitive comp and benefits package
- An environment that values honesty, transparency and respect
- Random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club and Camp Bonobos
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit https://bonobos.com/
Jobs You May Like
Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Développeur de Front-End - FR
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Lead Developer (m/w)
Senior Software Engineer, Back-End
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Full Stack Web Applications Developer (Remote)
Big Cartel, Salt Lake City, UT