Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer who is excited to work on a team of Engineers, a Product Manager, and a UX Designer, who together help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the largest born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, and have since expanded to 49 locations across the country (and growing). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
Our team is a scrappy group of 20 engineers who are responsible for a 9-figure business that is growing 40% year-over-year. We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed and have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day.
What you’ll do...
- Work on cross-functional teams composed of Engineers (frontend, backend, iOS, and full stack), a Product Manager and a UX Designer
- Work on our production applications – a Rails app (Postgres database), running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Help us make the move to Node for our frontend application
- Ship new experiences to our customers and measure their impact using A/B testing
- Deploy code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Have at least 5+ years of engineering experience
- Have seen what works well and what doesn’t work well in codebases
- Like being part of a small team composed of UX designers, product managers, frontend/backend/iOS/full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you and be mentored (and mentor others!)
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work and share responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Offer top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- Offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club and Camp Bonobos
- Value honesty, transparency and respect
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.