Assistant Technical Designer
Bonobos, New York, NY
Home of better-fitting menswear and an easier shopping experience
Bonobos is seeking a stellar Assistant Technical Designer who can jump right in and own specific categories within our expanding brand portfolio.
We are a rapidly growing brand, expanding into all product categories and developing new product lines. This role is integral to the success of our brand as quality and fit are integral to our continued growth. You will be deep in the trenches of executing design fit and intent into bulk production while maintaining quality and production standards. While reporting directly to our Tech Design Manager, you will develop and maintain fit protocol and standards for Bonobos and manage regular fitting across specific product categories. You will partner with our Production, Merchandising and Design teams in managing timelines, aesthetic and quality of product.
What you'll do...
- Manage styles in your product categories though all stages from initial development through bulk production
- Maintain daily communication with vendors for your products
- Conduct fittings and communicate all fit, construction, grade and detail issues to vendors
- Work closely with Design, Production and Merchandising to develop new styles each season.
- Maintain specs, grades, fit comments and other relevant info in our PLM system
- Have 1-3 years of experience working in one or multiple product categories in technical design
- Are proficient in reviewing patterns and have a basic knowledge of patterns, pattern making and garment construction
- Can communicate with offshore vendors in a friendly and efficient manner
- Have the chops to measure out samples, update tech packs and send out feedback after fittings
- Are crazy organized and can maintain calendar dates and track samples
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Care deeply about high quality design and creating a high-performing business and see the two as completely intertwined
- Are excited to hear from you
Bonobos is a clothing brand focused on delivering great fit, excellent customer experience, and a fun approach to menswear. Launched online in 2007 with its signature line of better-fitting men's pants, Bonobos is now the largest apparel brand ever built on the web in the United States. In 2011 Bonobos extended offline, launching Bonobos Guideshops, e-commerce stores that deliver personalized, one-to-one service to those wanting to experience the brand in person. To date, Bonobos has 20 Guideshops across the United States. In 2012, Bonobos expanded its distribution partnering with Nordstrom, bringing Bonobos apparel into all 118-doors nationwide and to Nordstrom.com. Bonobos was named “One of America’s Hottest Brands” by Advertising Age, “Best Men’s Pants” by New York Magazine, and was twice awarded Crain’s “Best Places to Work in New York City”.
Want to learn more about Bonobos? Visit https://bonobos.com/
Jobs You May Like
Associate Designer - Men's
Everlane, New York City, NY
Freelance Associate Sweater Designer
Everlane, New York City, NY
Experience Design Lead
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Red Ventures, London
Senior User Researcher
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Senior UX Design Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco