- Part of a small team of engineers working to conceptualize, mature and manufacture composite and metallic aircraft structures.
- Preliminary and detailed design of composite and metallic aircraft structures.
- Hand analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Assisting in the development of test plans and conducting component and assembly-level structural tests.
- Supporting the manufacturing team and external suppliers through fabrication and assembly of the aircraft.
- 5+ years structures design experience.
- Familiarity with composite materials and processes, tooling, layup and assembly techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one CAD system.
- Experience with component and assembly level structural tests.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interface effectively with different engineering groups internally as well as existing and potential suppliers.
- An undergraduate degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
It would be great if you had
- Familiarity with finite element analysis of aerospace structures.
- Hands-on composite fabrication experience.
- Prototype aircraft program experience.
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23 and Part 25 requirements.
- Materials testing and certification experience.
- Aircraft structure certification experience.
About Boom Supersonic
ABOUT BOOM At Boom, our mission is to remove the barriers to experiencing people, cultures, natural beauty, and opportunities—everything Earth has to offer. From 1903 to 1976, the speed of passenger aviation increased relentlessly from 7 mph to Mach 2.0. Then something broke. Over the last 40 years, not only have we failed to generate further speed increases, we’ve lost supersonic capability. This step backwards means it takes longer than it should to arrive at your destination—time spent in a metal tube instead of being there. All too often, the outcome is even worse—people stay home, either because they can’t afford the time or because they don’t consider making the trip in the first place. Supersonic flight removes a critical barrier to new business relationships, new cultural experiences, and more time with loved ones. To achieve our mission, we have built a driven, world-class team to produce the world’s first commercially viable supersonic aircraft.
Want to learn more about Boom Supersonic? Visit Boom Supersonic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN
Software Engineer, Web Accessibility
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior Data Engineer
Fullscreen, Playa Vista, CA
Senior Full Stack Engineer
PatientPop, Santa Monica, CA
Software Engineering Internship (Summer 2019)
Senior Android Developer (Boston)
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA