Sr. Backend Engineer, Cloud Storage
Box, Redwood City, CA
A Cloud Content Platform for the Digital Age
Our Mission: Provide the most secure, durable and scalable service to store and serve our customers’ files.
As a Storage & Encryption Software Engineer at Box, you will have the opportunity to build the next generation of our secure storage services.
You'll be responsible for iterating on our core storage infrastructure, taking on challenges such as global data residency with our newly-announced product Box Zones. Past sample projects also include optimizing file transfers on global networks, implementing a storage backend for our real-time collaborative editor, or designing our new enterprise key management architecture.
- You'll architect and implement new upload, download and encryption services
- You'll build globally distributed storage systems at the petabyte scale
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You love building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- 4+ years of experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.